Cord Blood - Banking and Donation
- 02-16-2007, 03:11 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
We were also gathering information about cord blood banking. Currently it appears to be mostly used for blood related illnesses, such as blood cancer. Future developments... well are under development. Since we have no cases in family of blood related illnesses, not planning to stay in HK forever (therefore cord blood needs to "re-patriate" as well) and the cost is still considerable we decided against it.
However, we would really like to donate our cord blood to people who need it right now - those with these terrible illnesses. Does anyone know whether this is possible in Hong Kong?
Thanks in advance,
- 02-17-2007, 09:51 AM #2
Elizaveta : Try this .. http://www5.ha.org.hk/rcbts/e_cord_blood.asp
Has information about cord-blood donation through the hospital authority.
Best of luck .. and congrats for making a choice that could potentially save a life!
- 02-17-2007, 08:28 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Ma On Shan
Donation would only be accepted
if you deliver in QEH and KwongWah during office hour
and of course, they will take a look at your family medical history before delivery.
- By joyofliving in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 15Last Post: 05-07-2015, 04:40 PM
- By joannek in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 11Last Post: 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM
- By anilt1 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2007, 01:11 PM
- By smritideva in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 3Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:58 PM
- By RHCP in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 02-17-2007, 09:48 AM