Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How to get in touch with past employers?

spockey is offline Registered User

How to get in touch with past employers?

Hi!

Another question, how do I get in touch with my prospective DH's past employer? She claims she never had their home number or mobile number. I find this hard to belief. Is this possible?

I need to know the real reason behind her termination. She claims she doesn't know why.

I would like to hire her but I'd prefer to do my homework first (thoroughly). This is the last hurdle for us as far as wanting to hire her.

Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by spockey View Post
    Hi!

Another question, how do I get in touch with my prospective DH's past employer? She claims she never had their home number or mobile number. I find this hard to belief. Is this possible?

She knows they're not going to give her a glowing reference, and hence would rather not give you a number. Personally, I wouldn't hire her without a background check.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User
    Sounds very odd to me that she does'nt know the reason that they terminated her employment and has no phone number for them. What about their address. Personally I would look for someone else however good you think she is.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    She should have a letter from her employer for immigration stating a reason for termination.
    If u can't contact her previous employer(s), I would look for someone else personally.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i would not trust her in this. it's impossible not to have her employer's phone no. what if sth happened at home & she had to contact them? what if something happened to her while she went out & had to call home. pls do not trust her anymore. she's obviously pulling your leg.

spockey is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies. She hasn't contacted me with the details of her past employer so I presume she knows that she won't be hired. We have an 11 month old and that last hurdle was just too important to overlook.

Buffybuff is offline Registered User
    Dear spockey

We will leave Hongkong next month and our DH is looking for a new job. If you still looling for one. I'll give you her number as well as mine. Just let me know.
    :bighug

cyberyoda is offline Registered User
    Hi Spockey, I sent you a pm, pls check.