Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Recommendations for Obstetrician at Matilda Hospitla?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone. I saw Dr Dawkins yesterday and he seemed good. Now if only he could get me a confirmed room at Matilda! Oh well, can't have everything..

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    What did he say about that? I know he doesn't like to deliver at other hosps...

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hi, aussiegal, i am wondering how you went with the hospital and ob bookings? I am also pregnant and moving to HK so looking for some comfort that it is possible to get into a private hospital at short notice!

Sherwes, I'm with Dr Dawkins and think he is great. He is very relaxed and pro v births.

I wish i could say such positive things for the hospital. I'm due in a couple of days and still don't have a confirmed booking. They've got my name down at Adventist too so i'll have to call both on the day and see who can take me. Adventist have been friendlier than Matilda which is disappointing. They'll even allow Dawkins to deliver the baby there - a real exception. I've heard that the hospital problems are currently the worst they have ever been so you need to book now if your baby is due soon. I wouldn't be waiting til you get here. there's nothing like peace of mind for knowing where you are going to have your baby!

A woman called Stacey works for Dr Dawkins and can probably help you. She's in the city office.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    aussiegal

I was in the same situation as you (as i recall from other thread). I had my babies at the Adventist in the end.

Basically, I had borderline pre-eclampsia and needed to go into hospital for 24 hours of monitoring (was 34+4 weeks at this stage). When my Doc rang the Matilda they said I could go in for the monitoring, but wouldn't be allowed to stay if I had to have the babies. The Adventist, were much much nicer about the whole thing, and said that as long as my name was 'in the system already' ie, on the waiting list, then it would be fine if I needed to have the babies there.

I eventually had the girls a week later (at 35+5), and had decided that I didn't want to go to the Matilda, but preferred the attitude of the Adventist. They were all great there and looked after me and the girls really well. Plus, I was told by an independant person who works alot at the Matilda that IF the babies need some aftercare (low level, not ICU, like oxygen etc) that the Adventist were better equipped.

If you can get into the Adventist I wouldn't stress about it. Rooms are bigger, food quite nice (although we did order dial-a-dinner a couple times). Ok so you don't get free toiletries, but really, who cares?

hope it all goes well
    K

Thought I would let you know that I ended up having my baby at the Matilda with Dr Dawkins. Both were fantastic - I couldn't recommended Dr Dawkins or the hospital high enough. I had my first at one of the best private hospitals in Sydney and the Matilda put it to shame.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Glad everything went as you had wanted & Congratulations....now the fun really starts huh?

Maybe at some point we'll meet at the Matilda mum n baby group run by Yvonne (when I can muster up the courage to get that far with 2 babies!!).

Hope the early weeks go smoothly.
    Kat

rani is offline Administrator
    Congratulations Aussiegal!!!

Glad everything worked out in the end.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast