Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tsan Yuk appointments

Canucker is offline Registered User
    Hey my ldbug,

I know they are supposed to give the time off, but our depatment is only 9 people that have to cover 2 shifts and day over a 7 day period - in other words we are short-staffed with no end in sight (another co-worker just quick and will be gone in 2 weeks). I will try to schedule my appointments on my days off and will go from there... but if there are days I have to miss some work it will have to happen, although I hope not very often.

This site has been great for advice, everyone is so friendly and willing to help out a first time mom. I will take others' advice and arrive 15 minutes early - of it saves me 30-45 minutes it is worth it.

Canucker

cha-cha is offline Registered User
    when i went through the system last year, here is what i did to make it faster:-

- the afternoon appts at the clinic next to tsan yuk have 2 appt slots. 1pm & 1.30 to prevent everyone coming at the same time. even when i had a 1.30 slot i'd still try to get there at 12.30. when you get there, they'll sit you down in arrival order on the plastic chairs. so when the appt window opens at 1pm, there is no fight to grab the numbered slips.
    - always have your urine sample ready before you go for your weighing, if not then you'd have to queue twice. the queue at the toilets is often as long as the queue for everything else.
    - if there is no need to see the doctor, you can generally get out of there before 2pm. if you need to see the Dr, then it'll be a bit longer as they don't come back from their lunch until 2pm.
    - the alternative is to go after 3.30, then you'll probably be out by 4.45
    - don't bother watching the videos, the contents are covered in any good pregnancy book

not sure how much change there has been since last year, with all the hysteria surrounding "mainland mothers" etc.

HTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12