Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Your best short vacations

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Your best short vacations

Hi all, we want to go away for the Easter weekend and would love to know where everyone has been to and LOVED for a short vacation. We can't do anything too strenuous because I will be 7 months pregnant but I'm keen to hear everyone's thoughts. We don't mind spending a bit especially since we already have a one year old and it's probably the last time we'll have any sort of time to ourselves for awhile!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay, Hong Kong

Are you looking for a beach break or a city break?

If you are looking for a beach break, and a resort holiday then these destinations have plenty of nice family resorts,
    Phuket, Koh Samui, Penang and Bali (although Bali is a six hr flight and so maybe a bit far for a short vacation)

I love Borocay but it is not suitable to get to when 7 mnths pregnant an with a 1 yr old, also there are no proper medical facilities on the island so not somewhere you would want to be.
    There is Cebu in the Phillipines and the Shangrila resort there is very nice.

For a city break you could consider,
    Singapore (you can stay on sentosa in a resort and then still have the beach, as well as the city near by, there's also lots to do with kids in singapore)
    Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi (both great, fascinating cities); or a trip to Halong Bay (also resorts)
    Japan is also an option

Zen is offline Registered User
    Tai Tam

If you just wanna chill out, Macau is a good option.
    I dreaded the thot of a long flight with a tiny tot.
    So we went to Macau. Just takes a hour to get there.
    Spent the money we saved on airfare, on a really nice room at the Westin. All we did was eat, sleep, and explore a little (we had already seen the sights on a previous trip, before the baby was born).

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Phuket Laguna is fun too with kids. Even closer is Sanya in China. Haven't been yet, but hoping we can escape for a weekend in April.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

tomba is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    We are having the same question.
    Thinking about a week trip to Phuket in April.
    This will be the first trip for us and our 6 months old boy.
    What are the good 4-5* resorts there? We are trying to choose a place where you can hire a nanny for the day, who would look after our Junior. Have anybody tried that? Are the nannies reliable, confident, trained, etc?

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I went to Japan (Fukuoko and Tokyo) and Shanghai when I was 6.5 months pregnant. It was fun and I did some walking which was good exercise. I think going to a resort is good and relaxing too. I like Phuket and Bali for that, and I was planning on going to Langkawi but something came up so we had to cancel that.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    Bintan, I went there when I was 6 months pregnant and it was fantastic. Also, the beach is much nicer than in Phuket.