Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Circumcision for your baby boy??

llb is offline Registered User
    We had our son circumcized and NOT for religious reasons, but for future hygiene. Having heard of few little boys having to have circumcisions at ages 5 and 7, and even a grown man of 30 because they contracted infections (and these folks were not unusually unsanitary), the pain that a baby would feel at two days is nothing in comparison. I had my son's circumcision done with Dr. Ruilin Fong in Hong Kong and she said that in the first week the pain receptors are kind of learning so they don't really feel much pain in the first week which is why one should do it as early as possible. My son did cry immediately when it was done but was fine within a half an hour, and the wound healed within a week.

cemily is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    My brother in law is a doctor. His son was not circumcised. At age 9, the skin that wrapped around his penis was too tight (my brother in law told me a medical term but I think that's what it comes down to in layman terms) and he was in pain. Using drugs did not help, so he needed a circumcision, a proper surgery, and he was in pain for a week. In Australia, 1 in 9 boys for the abovementioned reason needs to be circumcised eventually.

So, I guess it is a matter of whether you take that "risk". There is a 8 in 9 chance that the boy does not need circumcision.

kathylui is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Yes, most boys are circumcised in the States. My son was circumcised around 8 days old, and my husband and I had to hold him down since the out-patient procedure was done in my home. It lasted about 5 minutes. We felt bad b/c we knew our son felt the pain. However, our decision was based on the preventive measure since I know some teenage boys get the procedures done due to medical reasons (pain, infections when puberty hits I guess). While maybe these cases are rare, I don't want to this possibility for my son.

drtobe is offline Registered User
    Medically...circumcision is good and better than a noncircumcised penis.below is a list of diseases associated with increased risk in a noncircumcised penis:
    1.phimosis(doesn't occur in circumcised penis)
    2.paraphimosis(doesn't occur in circumcised penis)
    3.increased risk of penile carcinoma(cancer of penis,usually in old age but may occur in younger ages)
    4.balanoposthitis(doesn't occur in circumcised penis)
    5.increased risk of HIV(research shows that the mucosal inner surface of prepuce is rich in blood cells in which HIV prefers to harbor)

Regarding pain, it is a common procedure to inject local anaesthesia (xylocaine,lidocaine) at the root of penis,on lateral sides.Anaesthesia numbs the penis to pain so its PAINLESS.

Above all, it depends upon which hospital u went to.

I m in favor of circumcision and i think u guyz should save your boys from the aforementioned diseases.See,its like a vaccine against some diseases.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    Dear all,
    I am also going to take my son 3 years old to have circumcision in Hk, is there anyone who can suggest which hospital and doctor I should approach???

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    just curious where you got your information from? EVERYTHING i've ever read suggests that there is NO medical benefit (to the majority of the male population) by having a boy circumscised.

i think you are way off in your assessment. proper hygeine is not as uncommon as it once was thereby eliminating the "need" for the procedure.

please do not post such "medical" information unless you can provide back up proof...

ValerieCK is offline Registered User
    I am due with my second baby boy in a few weeks, and we are having him circumcised by Dr. Eugene Kwan at Matilda. His contact info is below. We are from the U.S., and my husband and my first son (born in NYC) are both circumcised. Dr. Kwan also circumcised 2 of my nephews here in HK, and he came highly recommended to me, which is why we are using him.

Hope this info helps!

Dr Eugene Kwan
    Central Health Medical Practice
    3rd Floor Baskerville House
    13 Duddell Street
    Central, Hong Kong

Tel: 2824 0822
    Mob: 9288 1613
    Fax: 2824 0603

C-Mommy is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Dr. Eunice Wong circumcised our newborn just a little over a month ago. After much research, she was the most affordable option. She did a great job; no complications. I would highly recommend her.

Dr. Eunice Wong
    Room 1408 Lane Crawford House
    70 Queen's Road Central, HK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast