Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

HK Adventist, as good as Matilda?

sorchului is offline Registered User
    I delivered at the Adventist in mid Jan and I enjoyed my stay. The food was good though it's vegetarian, the portion was generous. The nurses were also nice. Another reason why I chose the Adventist was the location. It was convenient for my family and friends.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I delivered at Matilda twice (a great experience), but have had two long stays at the Adventist with both my children, one last month.

The care at Adventist was faultless - wonderful nursing staff. But the Matilda is MUCH more comfortable - the food is far better with 24hr service, rooms nicer and they have wifi.

I also found the admin staff at Adventist very officious/bureaucratic but would agree that the location is far more convenient.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I haven't stayed at Adventist but have visited friends there. Seems nice but was surprised that they didn't have cable TV! I understand that the price is similar to Matilda so expected the facilities to be largely the same. When you are bored in hospital, some good TV is a necessity!

Interestingly, having now looked into the two hospitals to decide where to try and book, I was shocked to see that the Adventist deposit for maternity is double or more than Matilda's deposit! Does anyone know why it is so high? I had always assumed that Matilda was regarded as "flasher" so wondering what justifies the non-refundable HK$40K or HK$50K deposit required at Adventist?

SB2

staargrl is offline Registered User
    are you a hk resident? B/c the deposit should only be $20k if you've a hkid card... which i believe is comparable to mathilda. $40-50k i believe is for the non-residents (i.e. those coming from china to have babies in hk)...

Hi staargrl

Not sure if it has changed recently but I am a HKID holder and was told by Adventist that the deposit is $30K for a standard room (3-6 people), $40K for a twin room and $50K for a private room. For some reason it is much higher for maternity than for any other procedure. The deposit for a private room for maternity for a non-HK resident is $70K!!!

Link to their website below:

Hong Kong Adventist Hospital

SB2

rani is offline Administrator
    Starbucks,

Those deposits are what you pay upon admission and not for booking a maternity bed

Rani
    Last edited by rani; 07-15-2009 at 11:59 AM.

nino is offline Registered User
    In terms of deposit, I gave birth last year at Adventist and paid the deposit when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. At the time, the deposit was $20,000 and we could not choose what type of room we preferred.
    I personnally had a BAD experience at Adventist, being placed on a floor other than the Maternity ward for my entire stay, which meant that my baby could not room-in and that I didn't even have the option of SEEING her until 12+ hours after delivery. There were other major problems, among them the (very noisy) construction that was ongoing my entire stay that they didn't inform me of at the time of deposit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast