Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

HK Adventist, as good as Matilda?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i would go where your doctor works best. my sisters doctor can deliver at both hospitals, but she prefers matilda because she says she works better as a team with nurses etc. at the matilda...i think it is important for the doctor to feel comfortable so that in case of an emergency the team of doctors will work more cohesively to help you....

unless you're having a c-section, you should be out of the hospital in 3 days anyways, so i would personally think more in terms of what the doctor is more comfortable with.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi Rani

I don't think I misunderstood the woman from Adventist as her email was clear that it was a deposit to be paid on booking. Extract from email below:

"For the deposit, please note that you need to pay for HK$50,000 (for private room)/ HK$40,000 (for semi-private)/ HK$30,000 (for ward room) for Hong Kong residents. And it can be paid by cash/ EPS/ bank draft/
    cup card or credit card. "

There is an additional amount which is payable on admission but this will be waived if your insurance company gives you a guarantee.

SB2

bonita is offline Registered User
    I'm due this Nov and paid my $20K deposit in Mar. They can only gurantee you a bed, but not the type of room. It has to do with availability the day you're admitted to the hospital.

yanyan712 is offline Registered User
    I had my normal delivery at Matilda this past July and I am so glad that I chose Matilda over other private hospitals. Due to the small number of rooms, my baby received very personal care from the midwives and nurses. The ratio of babies to nurses in the nursery is 2:1 when I stayed there.

I stayed in a private room for 4 nights (my baby had mild jaundice so we had to stay an extra night) and my doctor was Dr. Ghosh. The room had a balcony with a panoramic sea view. With the push of a button, a midwife will come within minutes. My baby was able to stay with me in the room for as long as I wish, and if I needed rest during the night, I could drop him off in the nursery. The hospital accommodated my every wish and demand, and I felt like I was in a 5-star resort. The food was so delicious that my husband kept stealing my portion (must try the sweet and sour pork and burger)!

I would definitely recommend the Matilda if money is not an issue (with the help of insurance, of course).

P.S. If you could, request Selvie as your midwife during labor. She is fantastic!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I had Angie as my midwife at Matilda and she was also excellent!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123