Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HK Adventist, as good as Matilda?

CookieS is offline Registered User

HK Adventist, as good as Matilda?

Hi,
    I've heard/read so many good comments about delivering at Matilda, but hardly any words about HK Adventist (the one on Stubbs Rd.). Anyone delivered there, how's your experience? I've tried booking at Matilda 3 months ago for my May delivery, but it was already fully booked then, so i'm now booked in Adventist. Like to know how it is compared to Matilda, as prices are almost similar within HKD2000 range difference.

rani is offline Administrator
    I delivered at the Adventist! The mid-wives were excellent, food was good! Have a read through the similar threads below
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

ggrizzy is offline Registered User
    i delivered twice at the adventist and even though most of my family lives in kowloon, i'm halfway through my third pregnancy and i'm still gonna go for the adventist no matter how difficult it will be! (with the maternity wards being full almost everyday, i'm really keeping my fingers crossed....)

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I enjoyed my experience at the Adventist.

i visited my friend who just had a c-section at the adventist and i was there on sun nite and last nite. she was in the big ward almost all by herself! only 1/2 the beds in the whole maternity ward were occupied so that's comforting news for those who wish to give birth there in the near future (ie me!!) however one sad thing we noticed was that ALL the nurses were different from those that took care of us during my previous two deliveries there. my friend said that she heard some of those nurses are new hires too. but anyways, my friend's decided to go with breastfeeding only and the fact that they still deliver the baby to your arms for this purpose is a big big plus!

CookieS is offline Registered User
    thank you ggrizzy, for such updated info.
    I think i've decided to give birth in adventist, going natural (god bless me). I've also enrolled in adventist's pre-natal preparation class, and i find the lecturing nurse Angela and the doc. (forgot his name) very helpful and knowledgeable. Is your friend happy w/ her mid-wife, nurse there? She has trouble breastfeeding? I'm also going for BF, but since this's my first time, i really have no idea how it's gonna turn out. Anxious.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I delivered at the Adventist the first time and will deliver there again in June. I loved it there. The midwives were so helpful and friendly and it just made the whole experience very pleasant.

my friend had no problems BF even though her bb had to stay behind for a day in the hospital due to slight jaundice problem. she, like me insisted on BF without any glucose or formula supplements and all the nurses/midwives their respected her decision. both mother and bb r home now and i think they're doing very well! i think not having to trudge to the nursery every few hrs during the night helped her too...

good luck w ur delivery(ies) and enjoy your bb(ies)!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast