Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby has lost appetite on milk?

xmauix is offline Registered User

Smile Baby has lost appetite on milk?

HI All,

I'm very worried about my 10 months old. Just about 3 days ago, she's been difficult to feed. I had to force her to drink her milk as she won't. She used to drink about 5 - 6 bottles of 240 mL of formula but now, she only drinks 3 bottles of around 100 - 150 mL.

She had a cold last week, it makes me wonder whether it affects her feeding habit as she might be having difficulty breathing while the nipple's stuck in her mouth. We went to see the doctor and just prescribed her some cold medicines.

I'm really running out of ideas on how I could feed her better. I'm even thinking of changing her milk formula... She might want to try another taste?

What should I do? Any other moms had the same problem like mine? Do you know any good pediatrician around HK Island, or Kennedy Town perhaps?

I'd really appreciate your reply.

Thanks everyone.

TingTing is offline Registered User
    Did you introduce solid food to her? Since she is 10 months old, 5-6 bottles of 240ml seems a lots if she has the solid food as well.

Difficulty breathing also affect the milk intake for my baby as well. After his nose is clear, it will back to normal.

carang is offline Registered User
    i was also going to say, that's a lot of milk....maybe she's trying to tell you to introduce other things.

good luck!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Agree. By that age, my daughter was down to three breastfeeds a day and 3 solid meals a day.

xmauix is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. She's strarted having solid food since she's 6 mos old. It's just that I'm so used to her drinking a lot of milk and having around 2 -3 solid foods a day. She's back to her milk appetite again just 2 days ago. Must be the stuffy nose then.

Thanks everyone!

qqcheung is offline Registered User

feeding baby

hi, don't worry. I had the same problem when my baby was around 8 months old. i think this is just a transitional period for them. u may need to cut down the milk feedings.

If u really wish her to consume more milk, u may try feeding her when she's sleepy. It worked quite well for mine.

Dr Edmund Lam Wing Wo's clinic is located in Kennedy Town. He is my family doctor. I just moved back to HK and brought my baby to see him for a few times and his medications seem work for my baby. u may try. His clinic's no. 28173000.

Quote Originally Posted by xmauix View Post
    HI All,

I'm very worried about my 10 months old. Just about 3 days ago, she's been difficult to feed. I had to force her to drink her milk as she won't. She used to drink about 5 - 6 bottles of 240 mL of formula but now, she only drinks 3 bottles of around 100 - 150 mL.

She had a cold last week, it makes me wonder whether it affects her feeding habit as she might be having difficulty breathing while the nipple's stuck in her mouth. We went to see the doctor and just prescribed her some cold medicines.

I'm really running out of ideas on how I could feed her better. I'm even thinking of changing her milk formula... She might want to try another taste?

What should I do? Any other moms had the same problem like mine? Do you know any good pediatrician around HK Island, or Kennedy Town perhaps?

I'd really appreciate your reply.

Thanks everyone.