Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any comments about Sunshinehouse at Pokfulam?

kara23 is offline Registered User

Any comments about Sunshinehouse at Pokfulam?

Would appreciate any comments about Sunshinehouse Kindergarten in Pokfulam!

Mother Goose is offline Registered User

Sunshine House at Pokfulam

Hi Kara23,

My 1st born and I joined their playgroup about 2 years ago. We were amongst the first ones to register at the Pokfulam campus. Well, with regards to the the program, it was ok. Before the class starts, the kids get to play with toys and other children. Then they sing songs to greet every kid in the class, do some arts and crafts, snack time, and then the Mandarin teacher would take over to teach some vocabs and sing songs. My son loved Mandarin time the most as the Mandarin teacher back then was very nice and patient.

However, I noticed that the quality of their snack has gone down as time passed. At the beginning, they offered a variety of healthy food (e.g. cheese cubes, grapes, crackers, muffins, apples/pears, carrot sticks) but a month or so later, they kept offering the same food (apples and biscuits). And that's not the worst, there was one time the kids were trying to experience making Chinese food and they offered instant noodles!!! For me, I didn't let my 18-month-old try that since it would have done him more harm than good.

Also, the turnover of the teachers are very high. They can have 3-4 different class teachers in just 3 months. I was told that it was due to poor administration. The Supervisor of the school ended up becoming one of the class teachers for some reason.

I hope that things have become better after we left. You can actually request a tour and see for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Mother Goose

kara23 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Mother Goose! I will certainly think twice before putting my son into that school!!