Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Prenursery schools near Causeway Bay

Arwen is offline Registered User

Prenursery schools near Causeway Bay

My 20 months old girl has been rejected by Victoria for their prenursey class so I am now trying to get her to other available bilingual (Putonghua and english) schools in their am sessions.

We are staying in Tai Hang now, very near to Causeway Bay. Anyone is able to give suggestions for nearby schools?

Will be going to Tutor Time in Tai Tam for a school tour but not too wild about it cos of the distance from my place.

Thanks!

Babar is offline Registered User
    Try Kiangsu and Chekiang (Putonghua and English) in North Point and Rosary Hill School (Cantonese with English and Mandarin lessons) on Stubbs Road - they both have pre-nursery classes.

http://www.kcs.edu.hk/
    http://rhs.edu.hk/

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    kcs is really full with applications too. my neighbour is in the same boat, she is on the waitlist for victoria. she rang up kcs last thursday and submitted her application on friday. however they advised her to apply to other schools because the chances are very slim.

what about woodlands? i think they have prenursery too.

Arwen is offline Registered User
    Went to Tutor time today.. environment is great and the kids there seem so happy.. the only downside... the distance!

The journey to and fro was horrible with lots of twists and turns..Nic was screaming her lungs out .. can't blame her though cos I was feeling sick in the taxi as well. The distance is so far that the taxi cost for both ways is about 200 HKD.

Tried KCS but as pointed out in by Mrs Momo, the place is full. Will try Rosary Hill School.

If you have more ideas and suggestions, please keep it coming. Thanks.

Geo
    Geo is offline Registered User
    Hi Arwen,

Heard from a relatives' friend living in Peak road, she sends her kids to Lingnan Nursery. She said the teachers are so caring....and it is a pleasant environment for her kids. Maybe you like to evaluate it:

http://www.lingnanp.edu.hk/nursery/

It is located at Stubbs road, they have am/pm/whole day session within reasonable costs. I just called them today and they are still accepting applications for 2 yrs old pre-nursery class. You can download the application form, fax it over to them if you have interest. You can also call them at 28932322.

Hope this helps.

I am visiting Victoria Belcher on this Wed. Though they said application is full for their Aug 07 pre-nursery but I am willing to evaluate pm session...so we'll see how it goes....otherwise I may consider Woodlands Montessori/ Lingnan/ Rosaryhill.

Cheers. Geogina

momom is offline Registered User
    You can try Kornhill International Nursery in Kornhill But it just has international class in nursery class (English speaking only)

L'est Rose is offline Registered User
    I think the recommendation, such as woodlands, from other mom are good.

I am living in Causeway Bay, and my son went to Tutor Time Tai Tam nursery last yr, and K1 now. At first, I didn't consider it because of the distance as well. It's also time consuming as well because it takes me around 25 mins to go there, which means I spend 2 hrs travelling back and forth everyday. Anyway, after 2 yrs, I get used to it; After driving that 'S' road for 2 yrs, it's not hard for me at all, and it becomes part of my life now.

Anyway, up till this moment, my husband and I are very satisfied with this school. My son is very very happy, learns a lot, and the teachers are nice.

Although my son is going to Canadian International School this Sept, my husband still want him to join the Tutor Time summer school if we stay here for summer. He said as the school is good and my son enjoys the school life, just let him spend more time there before going to Cdnis.

Two yrs ago, my son was accepted to the nursery program from Victoria, which is very close to our home; but we finally pick Tutor Time, and we believe we pick the right choice.

If I have a second child, I am sure we will send him/her to tutor time again.

dendog88 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I am moving to Hong Kong in June for work and now I am stressed out at the idea that my 16 month will be off most of the highly desired pre-nursery for bilingual education (English and Mandarin).

I hear good things about Tutor Time (long distance)and Victoria (mixed but seems good overall) and it's full now.

Rosary Hill School
    Woodland
    Lingnan Nursery
    Victoria Prenursery
    Tutor Time

Are there any that I am missing? Starters?

I assume most of the bilingual English and Mandarin classes are on HK Island?

Thanks. This forum is a godsend for expats relocating to HK.

Den

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast