Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bed for Helpers Room

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Bed for Helpers Room

We need to buy a bed for our helper's room. It's gonna be a tight squeeze and I'd heard there was a company in central who maid them to order? Anyone have any details?

Also, in small-ish helper's rooms, how do you organise it so you have some storage space too? Was thinking a raised bed, with space underneath (but this is a little like a bunk-bed...is that childish?), or maybe some sturdy shelves....but is that enough?

Thanks
    K

hermoine is offline Registered User
    Jade Ratten sells nice furniture perfect for maid's quarters. If their standard size doesn't fit, you can order made to measure once, but is slightly dearer.
    More info here: http://www.jaderattan.com/

slamdunk is offline Registered User
    We moved to a flat with tiny helper room (from one without) and asked our helper if she would like a bunk bed style (with desk/storage underneath) and she said no. She preferred unrestricted storage and we got a plain wooden bed on legs so she could put boxes and suitcases underneath. We put in a skinny wardrobe (with some drawers inside) and a narrow bookcase. Our helper room is only about 5.5' x 6' (we needed a custom made narrow bed) so it can be done!

sky123 is offline Registered User

Custom made

We had our helper's bed custom made. Its a raised bed so that suitcases can be put standing underneath. Cos we have high ceilings we had cupboards made all around the top of the bed so there is plenty of storage space.

Corina is offline Registered User
    I have the same problem - but I heard that if you go to north point, there are loads of furniture shops there who could custom make your helper's bed to fit the room. I also talked to a few shops to get some ideas for storage, and the best idea so far is a bunk bed with a wardrobe and maybe a desk (you can ask your maid if she wants one) and some drawers underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by KatBoo View Post
    We need to buy a bed for our helper's room. It's gonna be a tight squeeze and I'd heard there was a company in central who maid them to order? Anyone have any details?

Also, in small-ish helper's rooms, how do you organise it so you have some storage space too? Was thinking a raised bed, with space underneath (but this is a little like a bunk-bed...is that childish?), or maybe some sturdy shelves....but is that enough?

Thanks
    K
    Corina