Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

New cabin allowance restrictions and travelling with babies

bbvv is offline Registered User

I will be travelling on Oasis in June and they said that I was only allowed to bring a 100ml bottle of water with the lid sealed and unbroken. They did mention that they have distilled water on the plane but to be on the safe side, I will ask for hot boiling water and let it cool down before mixing the formula in. As for solids, I will take some rice cereal - I'm avoiding baby commercial food as much as possible.

Does anyone know if bananas can be taken on the plane which I can use to mixed into the rice cereal?

Mother Goose is offline Registered User

How about short flights, say like to Singapore? Do these restrictions apply too?

eyesfire is offline Registered User

Question Travel with a 14 mths boy for a long flight

Hi all, Does anyone have good advices about traveling with a 14 mths old boy to the States. This will be the first for us to take him out of the country. Is there any specific thing I need to bring and be aware of. I'm flying with UA. Appreciate your help. I'm a bit nervous, I heard lots of bad things about flying with a baby/boy. It will be a nightmare.

Thanks

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Get him his own seat and do not expect great service from what is called "Disgruntled Airlines".
    If there are three of you, try to get by the window and you will have a private play area (in a 3-4-3 cabin). If there are only 2 of you, you can try to book a window and aisle seat and hope no one takes the middle seat and you'll get your play area that way.
    Bring some favorite toys/books.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    How about short flights, say like to Singapore? Do these restrictions apply too?
    HK is conforming with the newly released UN guidelines so they should apply to all flights. Just like in the US.

spockey is offline Registered User

I have taken fruit on board the plane before and have never encountered any dramas. BUT, you must dispose of whatever you do not consume before entering some countries e.g. Australia.

My little bub has been thriving on Volvic since we got to HK, never boiled. He is fine. Better taste than the boiled tap water in HK!

carang is offline Registered User

do NOT take any fruit/veg into USA (someone famous did so last year~ an apple, if i remember correctly... jsut can't remember the celeb that did it) and they were charged a hefty fine for it.

woodk6 is offline Registered User

Definitely do not take any fruit or fresh food into the US - don't forget to dispose of it before you land!!! They have dogs sniffing checked luggage and your carry on (while you're waiting for your luggage at the baggage claim) at LAX and it's a HUGE hassle if you get caught.

And for the mom, eyesfire, flying United Airlines, you really may want to consider buying a portable DVD player if you don't have one. I know you'll have plenty to carry on the plane as it is, but EVERYONE I know that's flown UA has complained that their inflight entertainment is awful. Plus it may help entertain bub on the flight!

Also, if you have a connecting flight in the US, for example you fly from HKG to LAX and then from LAX to Chicago, you have to collect your bags at LAX, clear customs and then recheck your bags through to Chicago. It's a hassle - just make sure you have enough time between flights! In other words you have to clear customs and recheck your bags at the first point of entry into the US.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast