Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

New cabin allowance restrictions and travelling with babies

beckymaky is offline Registered User
    Been surfing and finally found this web site which will send the ready made formulas over. The cost of the milk is the same as what we paid when we bought from the supermarket in the UK if I remember correctly. Obviously then the extra cost is the shipping.

http://www.britsuperstore.com/index.html

Hope that helps.

pianokc is offline Registered User
    I called Civil Aviation again yesterday. I asked the same guy (he remembers me!)... I asked him now that the new restriction has been implemented at HK airport for almost a couple of weeks, what can I do to bring HOT water in a thermos (more than 100ml) ?and water (cooled) for my baby?

He said, up to this point, he hasn't heard ANYONE had to pour away their water for formula for their baby. You MUST BE HOLDING your baby though. He said make sure you HANG ON to your baby, and insist this BAG of food is for baby's use. I am going to bring a thermos of hot water, if they make me pour it then I will pour it. I am also going to bring a bottle of cool water too. And I am going to bring little bottles of water under 100mL, in case I need to pour away the bigger bottles, I still have water in littlle bottles for my baby.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Do you know if they allow us to bring in dry formula milk/rice cereal in a container - i use an Avent 3 compartment formula powder. I do not want to end up bringing a whole tin of it which can be heavy. How about home made fruit puree as I noticed the pictures of the exempt baby food have things like Heinz etc.

I haven't fed my baby commercial food yet as they have added salt and sugar. Would appreciate any advice.

suzannal is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by bbvv View Post
    Do you know if they allow us to bring in dry formula milk/rice cereal in a container - i use an Avent 3 compartment formula powder. I do not want to end up bringing a whole tin of it which can be heavy. How about home made fruit puree as I noticed the pictures of the exempt baby food have things like Heinz etc.

I haven't fed my baby commercial food yet as they have added salt and sugar. Would appreciate any advice.
    I just came back from Bangkok last week with baby. There is of course no problem coming back from Bangkok. For our departure from Bangkok, I bought along a full thermal, one of those avent containers, 2 tubs of baby fruit snacks, and there was no trouble from customs. I just told them they are all for baby (whom I was holding on to).

I guess it is much more strict if you leave from US / UK. But I think HK is fine.

Thanks susannal, I think I will do what you have done and pack some commercial organic baby food incase. Can commercial baby food need to be warmed up before giving it to the baby?

snagito is offline Registered User
    Just in case it helps anyone we flew British Airways from London to HK on Sunday April 8, and were allowed to bring in 4 sealed jars of (Hipp) baby food & a 250 ml bottle of already made up formula. After clearing security then we bought 3 packets (250 ml each) of formula but didn't actually use them, and also a bottle of water for baby, they checked us again when we boarded the plane but said that as long as it was for the baby it was all fine and that restrictions have now been relaxed somewhat. Obviously the restrictions from this end will vary but just in case anyone is interested in flying from London to HK thought I would post.

ahglad is offline Registered User
    I just returned to HK last Sunday with my 2 babies (11mths & 2half yrs). I had with me 2 sippycups full of water (over 100ml each), 1 bottle of hot water (150ml) kept in a thermal bag to be mixed with formula on flight. In addition, I had 6 bottles of generic syrup medication (non-prescribed, ie without my children's names on label) for them, each bottle of at least 50ml each. Nobody stopped me.

Hi ahglad, were you travelling from UK?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast