Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Prune juice

SoLong is offline Registered User

Prune juice

Does anyone know if its ok to drink prune juice during pregnancy? I am severely constipatedand do not understand what to do. Don't feel like eating anything, cannot be happy, plus my baby is getting all the toxins instead of good nutition. :(
    :cheerlead Almost time!!!!!!

joannek is offline Registered User
    first of all, it's ok to drink prune juice during pregnancy. i had a lot when i was having my child. it's ormal to have constipation when you're pregnant. i blame it on the prenatal vitamins pills. for me, once i changed the brand, i was ok.

and then, don't think that you're giving the baby all the toxins! the baby do know how to get the best out of you. if you're not eating much, your baby will get the nutrition reserve you had before you were pregnant. like getting the calcium from your bones & teeth, getting the fat from your rear & your thighs! i actually lost weight on myself while i was pregnant! if you don't feel like eating anything, drink soup that is made from chicken, corn, pork, carrots, etc. & just eat rice. rice is all good.

listen to some relaxing music, and rent some funny film or tv series. you can never watch "friends" or "sex on the city" too many times!

hope you cheer up!

awhitman is offline Registered User

Drinking Prune Juice

It is perfectly fine to drink prune juice during pregnancy.

Another tip for you is to take some to the hospital to have after you've given birth. Speaking from personal experience, it was very difficult to go to the toilet after giving birth - however I had cesareans for both babies and after my first experience of being forced to go to the toilet, I was prepared the second time by drinking prune juice as soon as I was allowed to eat/drink relatively normally.

SoLong is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much ladies. Your replies have been a big relief. I bought some prune juice today itself. Wish I could change my vitamins as well, but I am allergic to gluten so need to take only gluten free ones. However, the prune juice should keep me regular.

It is also nice to know that the baby won't get all my toxins (though scary to know that its going to squeeze it out of my own body). I guess that is why we are advised to eat healthy, so that the baby as well as the mother can stay healthy even after the delivery.

Please ignore my silly observations.....first time mom you see....
    :cheerlead Almost time!!!!!!