Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

MMR to vaccinate or not?

MLBW Guest

Oh, just to clarify, when I said the more expensive MMR injections are three shots, I meant that they are three separate shots given at once (three jabs at one appointment) so essentially, one shot for each vaccination (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) but I do think that they still have to have two doses (six months apart) to make the vaccination complete.

new
    new is offline Registered User

Hi, Does anyone know who offers the single MMR vaccinations? I have called various practices with no luck.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

i asked around recently and was told no one was currently offering it in HK

sunrays is offline Registered User

I got it done for my daughter about a year ago and the only place that had it was Lucy Lord's clinic in Central. OT&P were supposed to have it but had run out.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

i tried both of them recently and they weren't offering it. I ended up giving the single MMR but had waited until my son was 3yrs old so felt a little better about it. if i could have had the separate jabs i would have felt better still :o)

KKKK is offline Registered User

Please understand I am not into getting into a debate about the MMR I am only posting this this to try and help.

I think it will soon be proven that there is a link between the MMR and autism. The link however is that autism may be caused when paracetamol is given after the MMR - ibuprofen is fine.

here is a link to a site with the report on

Acetaminophen (paracetamol) use, measles-mumps-rubella vaccination, and autistic disorder: The results of a parent survey -- Schultz et al. 12 (3): 293 -- Autism

LeahH is offline Registered User

About 2 months ago I got my daughter the measles single jab from OT&P Wanchai, Rubella is on order for her. However, a single mumps vaccine is not available anyway in the world currently to my knowledge.

asalles is offline Registered User

Instead of doing the MMR vaccinations at 12 months, does anyone have any experience with postponing it 3-4 months??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast