Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MMR to vaccinate or not?

spockey is offline Registered User

MMR to vaccinate or not?

Our bub will be 12 months in a week and according to the Australian Immunisation Schedule we follow, he needs to get his MMR shot. I would like to know given the controversy over MMR's link/no link to some severe bowel syndrome and autism whether to go ahead with the shots.

Anyone out there decided against it or for? I would like to know what it was like for your child and if there were any side effects.
    Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

my son had it and only had a slight fever for a couple of days. so slight, that they only way we knew that he had a fever was by taking his temp.

as far as the research taht i did, "they" say that the link with autism has been pretty much disproved. but i'm sure that you'll find others that disagree with that.

joannek is offline Registered User

fyi, my daughter had no reaction to the mmr vaccine. i actually started a thread about vaccinations a while ago. if you search vaccinations/mmr on the search forum, you'll find quite a lot of posts.

loupou is offline Baby Guru

Years and years ago

Did it w/ both my kids - combo vaccine at the govt. stipulated periods. A little fussiness and slight fevers for both kids. No worries.

The kids have also now had their boosters in primary school.

spockey is offline Registered User

Thanks ladies! I am a tad bit more convinced about going through with it. Though, my DH still remains a skeptic. Battle to fight there ;-)

bbc mom is offline Registered User

My son had the MMR jab at 14mths. We delayed slightly because the MMR vaccine contains egg protein and our son had a few food allergies so we waited until 12mths before introducing egg into his diet and made sure he did not react to it first.

I had heard that MMR was supposed to bring out the worst side effects, but my son had absolutely no fever or fussiness at all. (In fact, the 6-in1 jab was the only one that ever gave him a slight fever).

merichan is offline Registered User

Hi

I have a friend whose child is autistic, and who has been following closely the controversy about MMR.

A few weeks ago, it has been proven a complete bogus as it was revealed the doctor that initiated this controversy has been paid by unethical lawyers in search of big lawsuit.

Merichan

gillwrayhk@yaho is offline Registered User

I was working as a nurse in a G.P.'s surgery in the Uk at the time of the uproar about autism and the MMR shot. Parents were so worried about the effect it could have. The Dr who caused all this used 12 patients in his study,hardly worthy of research! Last years there were clusters of kids in the Uk who actually had measles because they were not vaccinated. It is a really nasty thing to get and kids can die from it. If you need me to send you any links to the research so that you can make up your own mind, then please e-mail me. With any vaccines there is always a risk, but do read up about it and make an informed choice. Incidentally I have two three year old and they have both had the triple MMR vaccine with only minor side effects.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast