Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where to go for vacinnation

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    The quality of the vaccinations in the same whether they are done privately or not.
    The one big difference, is that the Govt system doesn't yet offer some of the newer ones such as the HiB or the Pnenoccocal ( sorry don't think that's spelt right!).

You can opt to have the additional ones done privately.

hkvanhuizens is offline Registered User
    Clear Water Bay
    If I'm not mistaken, as long as the parents have a HKID and the child has the valid visa, you don't have to pay.HKID is only issued to the child at 11 yrs, I think. Anyway, that's what happened for me and my daughter and she was born last year. As for the fever, all my 3 children had theirs from the government clinic and none had fever, it depends on the child. Private doctors says that thier vacinnations have a less likelyhood of fever but not 100%.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    Is the vacinnation for 5 yr old (cannot recall which one) included in the government clinic?
    I don't know about 5 year-olds. My daughter got her boosters at school (a local one) when she was in P1 (6 years old).

alibali is offline Registered User
    Clearwater Bay

vaccinations- public or private...

Hi, I just had to make a decision regarding shots for my 2 month old-i.e. private or public. (I went the public route for pregnancy and birth to keep costs down). As I wanted my baby to HIB, rotavirus and PCV, we ended up going private b/c the public clinic does not offer these. I also wanted DTAP, which the gov has just recently started offering. However, my pediatrician said that to get DTAP at the public clinic and HIB privately wouldn't save much $ b/c the price would almost be the same to get DTAP + HIB privately vs. just HIB privately (supposedly there's not much cost difference b/w 4 in 1, 5 in 1, 6 in 1- the costs are related to the number of injections) . I hope this isn't too confusing!

pattersl is offline Registered User
    I too wanted to save a bit of money and so took my 4 month old to a government clinic. I have got to say they were excellent at the cllinic. However,the injection they get is only a 3 in 1 injection and not a 5 in 1 like they would receive from a paedatrician. They do not get the HIB or one other injection supplied by the HK government.Nor do they receive the pneumonacocal or rotavirus. So i ended up having to go to a paedatrician to have these and worked out by going to the clinic I only saved myself $500 and my child had to have 2 more injections than if she had just got the 5 in 1 from the paedatrician.

My paedatricain has just told me for my daughters 6 month injections there is now a 6 in 1 needle.

I am from Australia and just went with what my daughter would have received if we were living there.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12