Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Delivered at Queen Elizabeth Hospital?

SND
    SND is offline Registered User

Anyone Delivered at Queen Elizabeth Hospital?

Im 27 weeks Pregnant with my first one and want to know how are the doctors and nurses in QEH.

Hubba Bubba is offline Registered User
    I delivered there and developed some last minute compications with severr pre-eclampsia. I found the doctors and nurses to be excellent with no stone unturned and very attentive care. It was after I was put back in the general ward that I found being totally left on my own to take care of the baby was a little bit too much too soon considering I was not feeling too well and had not walked in a few days. I felt the nurses need to take a little bit more care on seeing how I was in that first 24 hours with the baby. Other than that, make sure your husband or someone brings you food from outside for meals coz the food was disgusting

SND
    SND is offline Registered User
    Thanks Hubba Bubba for your advice. I heard from my friend that there are different doctors for labor and different situations or complications are handled by different doctors. I'm seeing a private doctor as well. so wanted to make a decision as to go for private or QE. Im on my 27th week. A bit nervous and a quite excited on the other hand to see the baby. Did you deliver before the due date.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    I delivered 2 weeks early at QE without complication in July 2006. It was a natural birth and the midwives and nurses were very encouraging when I was pushing. After wheeling me into the ward, about an hour later my baby was wheeled in (he had a low birth weight so the paediatrician had to check him all over) for breastfeeding. The nurses there were patient in showing me how to breastfeed the correct way.

Doctors check you on a daily basis and the paediatrician checks the baby too. Overall I am pleased with the service and the whole thing cost under HKD1000.

I too saw a private doctor but my insurance did not fully cover the whole expense of giving birth at a private hospital hence opt for QE instead. Also if there are complications at a private hospital, they will take you to a government one who has the facilities to deal with it. I would give birth there again without hesitation.

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    My experience is just as Hubba Bubba said. The birth itself was great but in the general ward later you are left to your own devices. Being the second time for me I wasn't bothered.

As for the food I really loved it !! The first time I delivered in QMH and the food there was horrible. But I really enjoyed the food in QEH - maybe I was just ravenous with all the breastfeeding and everything.

stephchoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Im 27 weeks Pregnant with my first one and want to know how are the doctors and nurses in QEH.
    I gave birth to both my daughters at Queen Elizabeth. As both of mine were by natural birth, they were delivered by the midwives. Despite being under a lot of pressure due to a high number of deliveries, they were very professional and helped me through the birth just fine. Doctors showed up for visitations after the birth. Just bear in mind they are very by the book at Public Hospitals. My only disatisfaction was that they kept on testing my baby of jaundice and decided they had to separate her from me for ultraviolet. But then because she had to be moved to the pediatrics ward, that meant that I would not have her for 2 - 3 days. I was insisting on breastfeeding and they had no room to accomodate me. They have good quality people there, but again, it's an overtaxed system. Having said that, the nurses on the whole are very pro-breastfeeding and very well trained to give you advice in this area. Hope this helps.

akiwai is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I delivered my first one there and will be delivering my second one there too. ^_^

They are generally nice and friendly. However, you cannot expect too much individual attention as there are other mums too.

Don't worry. Just relax, you will be fine....

Saijida is offline Registered User

Delivery in QE

This is my first baby so I'm worried about giving birth in QE I just want to know what exactly happens after I go to qe when I get my labour pain, will they allow my husband to accompany me from start of my pain or only after I go into delivery room. Please help me with your experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast