Visitor Visa-Bringing Helper to Canada
- 03-20-2007, 12:14 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
- Hong Kong
Well, the UK is a lot stricter as my maid applied for a holiday visa with my dad as her sponsor and was refused. It seems that maids cannot possibly be entitled to a holiday in the UK without a work visa. Anyway we are planning on helping her appeal the decision as she does seem disappointed at not being able to go to the UK with us all.
However in the event that the appeal is not successful, Please can anybody suggest a place that my maid can stay whilst we are back in the UK. I remember reading a previous thread where someone else was in a similar situation but I can't seem to find the same thread. I believe the maid was able to find a hostel or something where a lot of maids stay when their employers are on holiday.
Thanks in advance!
- By csj in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 15Last Post: 03-18-2010, 01:09 PM
- By kathym in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-24-2009, 10:33 AM
- By peainpod in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 6Last Post: 10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
- By momofthree in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-20-2007, 10:50 AM
- By Sandra & Evan in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-25-2005, 06:40 PM