Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Woodlands Montessori vs IMS (Wanchai)

littlemisshk is offline Registered User
    orangebaby,

In fact, I remember you...you mentioned you're a full-time mom, right? I was in jeans too, with a sort-of pink top :)

I remember the school manager said the toddler program is currently full and they're considering another class, but it won't happen at least until later this year. Hope your son can get in without waiting for too long. If they start a morning session, I might try. Maybe.

orangebaby is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I am quite happy with IMS and have applied for playgroup and 3-6 yr class. Now I am thinking of any difficulty to get in. I may have to apply also for Woodland Montessori/other schools for backup? (but got to think carefully since applications for those int'l schools need quite high application fee)

Will IMS only accept students whose parents are native English speaker ? (I am a Cantonese and speak to my boy with English)

Any parents have experience in the interview of IMS?

Please share and much thanks!

by the way, I will let my boy join Montessori playgroup from 1.5yrs old.

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    hi orangebaby,

Have IMS called you up for the interview already? I am wondering how long did they take to call you up for the interview after you submit the application.

tks

Quote Originally Posted by orangebaby View Post
    Hi,

I am quite happy with IMS and have applied for playgroup and 3-6 yr class. Now I am thinking of any difficulty to get in. I may have to apply also for Woodland Montessori/other schools for backup? (but got to think carefully since applications for those int'l schools need quite high application fee)

Will IMS only accept students whose parents are native English speaker ? (I am a Cantonese and speak to my boy with English)

Any parents have experience in the interview of IMS?

Please share and much thanks!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Ppalmer,

CDB doesn't have any Mandarin. They may have later, but Joanna said to me that she will never claim to offer a bilingual program.

chubbysan,

他們說會于入2008年11月interview, 因我個囝09年1月入學.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbysan View Post
    hi orangebaby,

Have IMS called you up for the interview already? I am wondering how long did they take to call you up for the interview after you submit the application.

tks

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    thanks orangebaby, noted!

Quote Originally Posted by orangebaby View Post
    chubbysan,

他們說會于入2008年11月interview, 因我個囝09年1月入學.

ami
    ami is offline Registered User

Cool IMS is very good school

One thing about IMS is that is fully equipped with Montessori materials in each classroom. In each classroom, there is a fully trained teacher, many of the teachers have their Diplomas from Association Montessori Internationale. Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) is the Montessori Association set up by Dr. Maria Montessori. It is headquartered in Amsterdam. Its training standards are the highest standards in the world.

You will find that many schools with the Name Montessori are just versions of Montessori with a few of the Montessori materials... it will look nice but are the materials used by the children and understood by the teacher? I am an AMI teacher. My daughters both attended IMS for two years. IMS has outstanding AMI teachers, even some of the Mandarin teachers are fully trained Montessori AMI teachers or they are currently training to be AMI teachers.

When I taught there, it was an outstanding school. The current elementary teacher, Victor is superb, he did his student teaching in my class during his AMI training in America. Karin Ann and Anne Sawyer are comitted to having an outstanding bilingual Montessori school with fully equipped classrooms and fully trained teachers from AMI. The children are loved and nurtured and given the opportunity to reach their full potential.

Visit the schools in Hong Kong which are Montessori schools and compare the equipment and credentials of each school's teachers. IMS has it all and provides the highest quality for each child. It may cost more, but there is a quality programme for your children.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast