Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Woodlands Montessori vs IMS (Wanchai)

orangebaby is offline Registered User
    ami,

Thanks for your information!
    My friend told me, her frd's son studied in IMS before, but becoming more autistic than before, so he changed school.

The parent mentioned it's bcos the children do their work alone most of the time.

Will children in Montessori school have more tendency of becoming self-centred ?

Any group activities daily in IMS to have children in social ability?
    Like role play, or circle time to let them sharing of views ?

Since I read some Chinese books talking abourt a Montessori school in China has such kind of activities.

ami,

Also the quality of teachers is also important.
    I learned that CDB in SHEUNG WAN claimed that they are all AMI teachers. I think it is very important as you said.

If CDB has quality teachers and cost less for half day, I may choose CDB instead of IMS.

I doubt if IMS is non-profit making in regard of high fee and debentures requirement in regard other Montessori school of lower fee can still survive.

kar
    kar is offline Registered User
    I don't understand how someone's child can become "more autistic" because of their school. My kids both attend IMS and they are both quite social (perhaps too much...they never seem to stop talking!) Children do not work alone all the time in the Montessori setting. They work a lot with their classmates as well. The little ones do have circle time each day as well.

ami
    ami is offline Registered User

IMS Fully Equipped classrooms, exquisite

IMS has the equipment and the trained teachers. The Mandarin teachers are doing the Association Montessori Internationale training. It is a quality first rate program. My daughters attended and are now in upper elementary in Tokyo! We have six former IMS kids in Montessori School of Tokyo, all fine students.

IMS has one of the best schools anywhere, Karin and Anne do a great job managing their staff and are supportive of their parents in the school. IMS has has many wonderful teachers and students there. I taught the first two years of IMS and now teach in Japan.

Your children will love attending IMS, mine did!

IMS will be relocated to South Horizons, Ap Lei Chau...

We regret to inform you that IMS is being forced to relocate its Casa and Toddler programmes as of the 2007-2008 academic year. Kindly visit the following weblink to see the circular detailing the background behind this move, and displaying photos of our new location in South Horizons, Ap Lei Chau:

http://www.montessori.com.hk/MoveUpdate.htm

Although we believe that the new South Horizons location will turn out to be an even better facility for us than QRE has been, we regret the unexpectedness of this change and recognise that it may present problems for some families and will certainly raise questions for everyone.
    We understand that you have applied for your child to attend the Toddler-Caregiver Groups in the 2007-08 academic year. We are pleased to confirm that we will be adding morning and late afternoon sessions starting in September 2007, and will be providing the detailed class schedule to you in July 2007. In the meantime, we wish to make you aware of our impending move to allow parents time to understand the background behind it, and the opportunity to view the new site and to assess whether it is convenient for your child and your family.
    To try to give as many people as much information in as efficient and timely a manner as possible, we are arranging the following:
    - Two briefings / open question and answer sessions at QRE on:
    o Friday, June 15th at 8:30 a.m.
    o Wednesday, June 20th at 7:00 p.m.
    - Two Tours of the new campus. Parents will meet at QRE and be bussed to the new campus on either:
    o Friday, June 15th at 10:00 a.m. or
    o Saturday, June 23rd at 2:00 p.m.
    We deeply regret the suddenness of this relocation and appreciate your support during this difficult time. We are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible for everyone involved.
    Sincerely,

rani is offline Administrator
    South Horizons, is that the same location the French Int'l Kindergarten were planning to move to? They ended up in Sheung Wan next to the ESF kindergarten.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

sophwillsmum is offline Registered User
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far South horizons is from Bel air Cyberport? As we are new to Hk I have not yet put my sons name down at any prescholols. As he will turn three soon, I would really like for him to start preschool in Sept. Maybe this move will mean they have some places?

rani is offline Administrator
    South Horizons is in Aberdeen (Ap Lei Chau). It's about 10-15mins from Cyberport.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast