Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medical check up questions

premama is offline Registered User

Medical check up questions

Hello,

We've found a helper that we like but was wondering if we should have her go through a medical check up before or after we sign her contract (before makes sense but what is the usual procedure?).

Also, as we're having a baby, any recommendation as to what sort of medical check up is appropriate?

Thanks!

sesamestreet is offline Registered User
    The usual procedure is to make sure the helper is fit to work before signing the contract.

Recently I have planned to hire a maid who has worked in HK for 6 years. The comment from her current employer is excellent. But I insisted her to have the medical check before sign the contract. Unfortunately, the medical result shows that the maid is a HIV carrier.

If you want to know more about the maid's medical checkup, I can PM you the details.

anjalihansoty is offline Registered User
    Sesamestreet,

I am in the process of hiring a helper and would really appreciate if you could PM me the details fo the medical check up that you had done for the prospective helper. I have a 9 month old infant, and the helper will be handling him on a regular basis.

Thanks

mommy sara is offline Registered User
    It's quite common to require a check up before they start. Check for TB, hepatitis, STDs, HIV, etc. You can ask her to ask her friends where to go. Cost us about $1000 but worth it.

Anjalihansoty,

Please check your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anjalihansoty View Post
    Sesamestreet,

I am in the process of hiring a helper and would really appreciate if you could PM me the details fo the medical check up that you had done for the prospective helper. I have a 9 month old infant, and the helper will be handling him on a regular basis.

Thanks

donkey is offline Registered User
    Hi Sesamestreet,

We are still looking for a helper but would like to have the helper goes through medical check up before signing her up. can you PM me with your medical check up details? Also how long does it take for the result to come out?

Thanks

Hi donkey,

PM you already. It takes around 2 working days to have the result.

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    But most of these tests are completely irrelevant - normally the only person you would expect to undergo an STD (inc. HIV) test is a prospective sexual partner, as this is pretty much the only way these things are transmitted. If my employer asked me to do any of these tests before starting work for them I would be OUTRAGED and change my plans sharpish. My helper had a medical test for TB (easily transmitted in a close family environment), Hepatitis (the one transmitted through food preparation) and a stool test (also for food-borne nasties). All these tests were part of the pre-employment medical I underwent myself (hospitality industry ) and I think they are reasonable for food-handlers. The rest aren't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast