Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just moved to HK & JUST pregnant

JANE892 is offline Registered User
    Can't thankyou all enough. I'm going to start reading up alot on the weekend and I think I'll make an appointment to check out both docs mentioned so I can choose one that I really "click" with.
    Glad that I don't have to rush to go to an ob/gyn..but would like to get an appointment soon so that I can make sure I get into the Matilda (sounds like bookings need to be done early!).
    I'm also going to buy the magazine you mentioned...any other books I should buy. I hear "what to expect when your expecting" and "up the duff" are good?
    Thanks everyone. I haven't even told my Mum yet...you can imagine how overwhelemed I feel at the moment- new country, new job, now pregnant. No friends. Just my DH!! I'm freaking out but feel better now!

rani is offline Administrator
    What To Expect and Dr Sears are quite popular. Also a Pregnancy Journal is quite nice. I just re-read mine a few weeks ago.

GeoBaby has its own online bookstore. Here's the link.
    http://www.shopinhk.com/home.php?cat=54
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Congrat to you!! How exciting!!

i'm 6 months pregnant and i'm seeing Dr. Christine Choy in Central. She's a lovely and caring lady. Her office is clean and each waiting time is only around 10-15 minutes.

here is some info about her.

http://www.careforwomen.hk/doctor.htm

JANE892 is offline Registered User
    Thank to everyone for their info. I called both Sally F and Dr Phillip Ho's offices. Sally's secretary couldn't speak English that well but Dr Phillips Ho's nurse was so lovely that I made an appointment for Sat (coming) she also has already got me into the Matilda! So I feel I can relax a bit now!
    I also bought "what to expect when your expecting" and have been madly reading it all weekend...I have couple of questions which I'd love your feedback on.

- I think I can eat tinned Salmon- is there any branks in HK which you think are specifically good and don't have to much magnesium
    - Where in HK can I go to Yoga for pregnant women. Preferably around Causeway Bay/Happy Valley?

THanks again!

babyoiyan is offline Registered User
    hey how are you all,

I would like to gather some first time mom-to-be for some gathering,or drink......... will you guys interested to meet up....

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    I gave birth in October last year and I think my OB/GYN was fantastic...and a lot cheaper than some of the other more 'famous' doctors in Hong Kong who deal with foreigners. His name is Wilfred Wong and his office is in Central. His telephone number is 21235985. If you'd like to meet up for a coffee and a chat, I live in Happy Valley and would happy to meet with you and talk you through my experience(if that owuld help).

CelticKiwi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12