Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

where to find classes?

Dim Sum is offline Registered User

where to find classes?

I am starting to look for information about different after-school classes for my kids. I found some okay information at geobaby and in these forums. I also checked AsiaXpat, but have still not found specific info for the classes I'm considering. Yahoo wasn't any better. I'm researching for music classes and have been a little frustrated when calling for more information and can't get through. And I'm also looking into some sports programs. Is there any other education forums or directories I can check out? I can read most Chinese so either English or Chinese website or book or magazine would be good.

Thanks!

JC

rani is offline Administrator
    Perhaps you can leverage the knowledge on this site. If you could tell us the type of sports/music programs you're looking for.

My son is currently enrolled in Socatots at the YWCA on MacDonnell Rd and we do swimming at ESF. Both are good!
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

magazines or books?

Thanks. But I was wondering if there were education-specific magazines, books or websites that have a bit more information. I recently picked up the SCMP's Good Education Guide, which was semi-helpful, but pretty much just basic also. I've also seen some small articles in Parent's Magazine and Parent's Journal magazine, but it's pretty much typical sponsored articles, which is basically advertising. This I found on my own, are there any others??

JC

jane9898 is offline Registered User
    hi JC

I have sent you some information -
    please check your private message INBOX

momom is offline Registered User
    If you can read Chinese, you can visit the website "baby kingdom" which is the most popular of parent website for local people. You can search baby kingdom in Yahoo and can find the link

thanks for that

I did have a look at Baby Kingdom and it's huge! almost too many posts to read, but they have a nice search function for specific things I'm interested. And it does look like there's maybe 20% English and I can read a bit of Chinese so it's enough. But I don't type chinese so I guess it's been hard for me to participate in any discussions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess BabyKingdom is the only site of this type for lots on education and kids info?

JC

momom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Sum View Post
    I did have a look at Baby Kingdom and it's huge! almost too many posts to read, but they have a nice search function for specific things I'm interested. And it does look like there's maybe 20% English and I can read a bit of Chinese so it's enough. But I don't type chinese so I guess it's been hard for me to participate in any discussions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess BabyKingdom is the only site of this type for lots on education and kids info?

JC
    you can type english and they can reply you in english or chinese, let's try.