Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Homeopathy for eczema

YKY
    YKY is offline Registered User
    Nikkyliu - I think I'll stay away from homeopath for now. However, if you're still interested, Dr. Rupal (I think it's her name) who is Indian and at IMI has been successful with Histamin's child. Histamin has been on this thread, so perhaps you can reach out to her. One positive point about IMI is that they recommended Allergenics line of cream, body lotion and bath lotion which seems pretty good.

I'm thinking of trying NAET although I can't really figure out their methodology. Appealing point is that they don't prescribe any medication although that also makes it more hocus pocusy. Still looking into it. I also heard that Chinese medicine works. My son is too young for that. If he still has eczema when he's older, I'll definitely try Chinese medicine.

nikkyliu is offline Registered User

Homeopathy for eczema

Hi, YKK

I also want to try NAET. I have checked the information about NAET. I found there are two instituties One is a chinese lady. Which one you are going to try. Maybe we can share some information.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi YKY and everyone,

I've been following the thread but waiting for my baby's result before i post my reply. My baby is 6 months old and has bad eczema from 4 1/2 months.

I went to naturapath (Lynn Lim) instead of homeopath, as i have a friend who was treated successfully with NAET, my baby has bad eczema in his front and back body, been into steroids but as you know, it's worst when it comes back. Anyways, i went to see Lynn two weeks ago, no medication was given to baby except udo's choice probiotics and a massager that i used to a few points in his body after each feed. She prescribed me two vitamins which i think is OK to take as it's not my baby. ( i am still BF) So far, my baby's bad eczema has cleared after a week, but a new kind of allergy comes up in his body, this time, it's not a big concern as it looks like dots dots pimple like only and it's on and off, unlike his previous rashes which is heartbreaking just to look at it. The test is also not bad, we've found out what causes his allergies like plastic (tags from his clothes), and me eating eggs and nuts, amongst other things.

We're going back again for second consultation this weekend, it's not yet solved, but i'm happy with the progress, baby is just using aqueous cream, no soaps, no shampoos.

Give it a try, her fee is $800 for first, second is $250.
    She is a nice lady too, she'll listen to you and try to "dig" when, how, why it comes out. Our first consultation lasted for an hour. The only thing we buy is the massager for $40, and a book for $250. She doesn't recommend NAET right away, she has some guidelines to follow and we'll see how it goes for 3 weeks.

Like you, I have doubt too when i first try it out, it's not scientifically proven, it sounds magic when you read about NAET, but with our baby's allergy, we should try all means if we got nothing to loose (except for the fee ;-) There's no drug involved, so it's a lot better than giving that steroid.

Let me know if you have questions.
    Last edited by mamaS; 04-11-2007 at 10:30 PM.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i heard a lot of chinese medicine work, but my daughter just won't go near any chinese herbal drinks!! then there's this naturapath, i've never tried her, but she said she's best at ezcema. she's the owner of health quest (at citysuper, cwb & happy valley). maybe some of you can give her a try. i know she asks her patient to avoid A LOT OF FOOD (eggs, dairy, yogurt, cheese, a lot of fruits, wheat, gluten, oats, breads, etc), though. be prepared to only let your child eat a limited variety of food.

nikkyliu is offline Registered User
    Dear MamaS
    Thx for your sharing. I want to know has your child do any allergy test by Dr. Lim. I have interest to take my daughter to consult Dr. Lim.
    Thanks !

mamaS, where is Lynn?

btw, my daughter's ezcema is coming back, starting where it all started. i noticed that every april it comes back. she was born in feb 05. i looked at the fotos for mar 05, and it already started on the face. i ignored it & finally in sept it's all over her arms & legs, so i brought her to her ped & he gave her steroid cream. of course, it improved in a week, and was cleared in 2. but it started again in apr 06, i ignored it & by june it was all over her cheeks & chin. i was in vancouver, so i brought her to a homeopath there. she said it was yeast & allergy to cow's milk, wheat & gluten. so i switched her to goat's. she got better with her complex homeopathy. in late july it started again. nothing we did helped & it was a scary sight. we returned to hk in sept & i brought her to my reiki healer, and it started getting better. she said it's not allergy, it's the pollution & her body cannot de-tox efficiently. so she's there to give her the energy to detox itself. but she did asked me to not bring her to places with more than 6 kids & crowded places for the next few mths. and she also asked me to bring her to the beach & park with real grass & walk the trail at the peak, & bring her close to big trees. cos natural beach (she recommended deep water bay), big natural trees (she recommended the one at trail on the peak) helps absorb bad energy from the body, and detox. so no playgroup with more than 6 kids until december. meanwhile in november i brought her to dr.rupa at IMI (who suit smy daughter better than graeme) who gave my daughter constitional homepath. and in december, i brought her to dr.yuan (cos dr.rupa was always unavailable), and he gave her ovus cream.

and 2 days ago, the rash started again on the old place where it always started. so i don't know whether it's the time of the year or what. cos my chinese doc said spring is the time when the toxin in the body get stirred up by the weather & will surface on the skin.

i forgo tto say it all got better since dec last year. and she was rash free for almost 5 mths.....

rani is offline Administrator
    Joanne,

my heart goes out to you. i know it must be hard going from Dr to Dr. Hope Lynn can help. She's listed in the Geobaby directory
    http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hea...2c-nd/details/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast