Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Homeopathy for eczema

YKY
    YKY is offline Registered User

Thanks for sharing, MamaS. Sounds like your son is the same age as mine and his eczema started the about the same time as well.

Quesiton: Is your son on solids at all?

I will give Dr. Lim a try. As you said, I'm so desperate to try anything and if the treatment is as you described, it can't hurt. Thanks again.

mummybee is offline Registered User

Gosh, I can feel all our hearts aching for our babies. Sometimes i wonder why, in modern medicine, haven't we come up with a cure for eczema, and why steroids, the cure of eczema, have so many harmful effects.

I must confess I haven't brought my daughter to as many doctors as you mummies have. I was told by another mummy to try chinese medicine but since I don't know any whom I can trust completely and utterly here in HK, i dare not cross that line of giving my daughter a drink with ingredients that are not disclosed to me. I read in certain reports that some plants have natural steroids in them and although these are proven excellent to cure eczema from internal, the steroid dosage is in such high amounts that they are worst than putting topical steroids on our babies skin.

mamaS, you are right in saying we have to watch what we consume during breastfeeding. For a long time, I found my baby was allergic to my breastmilk and lo and behold, her allergist told me I cannot eat peanuts, dairy and eggs in my own diet or the proteins from these food would seep to my breatmilk to her. Also once I start solids, my daughter's eczema was really bad, and it is cos she was allergic to many many foods. Only by diet change can I control her eczema. Having said that, I am relaxing my control over her diet as I think it is better I give her a larger range of food to eat even if it means she is going to rbeak out in rashes. Now waht I do is to give her everything except dairy, eggs, wheat in moderation, once a week, so that when she did have a flareup, i can contorl by tender loving care with moisturisers and steroids if the rash worsens. I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, but have to try different ways now.

re. NAET, Dr Lynn seems indeed nice on the phone with me when I called her some time ago. In the end i didn;t go to see her as, after what I described, she told me my daughter would probably react to every single item with her allergy test, ie pointless to do the NAET test on her cos her allergies seem extremely serious and it will take her months to cure her. She suggested I try conventional methods first and if things worsens after her first birthday that I bring her back.

Another thing re pollution: my daughter's eczema started even when we were in Australia where the air is fresh and crisp. In fact, upon arrival to hk, the humidity seems to make her skin better. i do find the heat makes her eczema very very bad. Eczema skin cannot overheat, so I find dressing her in thin cotton long sleeve clothing is best. when my duahgter is warm, she starts itching; and when she is stressed eg when we force her to eat during mealtimes, she itches! there is a defintie thrend of heat => itch for her. ANyone with same experience?? I dread summer here cos her skin becomes bad from May - Sept. not pollution, just heat. so i bring her back to Australia to "cool off". BTW i moved from central to TKO (clearwater bay) where the fresh air is but her eczema is the same.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkyliu View Post
    Dear MamaS
    Thx for your sharing. I want to know has your child do any allergy test by Dr. Lim. I have interest to take my daughter to consult Dr. Lim.
    Thanks !
    yes, she did, that's why you have to buy the book as she records the allergies there.

I'm sure the test is different from a true allergist doctor. This is invasive, baby just holds the rod and she checks the number. Sounds funny, we don't even know how accurate it is, but as i've said, nothing to loose, it sounds logical though as the things high in number are the things that i am eating often which causes baby the rashes.

Quote Originally Posted by YKY View Post
    Thanks for sharing, MamaS. Sounds like your son is the same age as mine and his eczema started the about the same time as well.

Quesiton: Is your son on solids at all?

I will give Dr. Lim a try. As you said, I'm so desperate to try anything and if the treatment is as you described, it can't hurt. Thanks again.
    Hi YKY,

she told me not to start it yet, baby will be 6 months and 1 week on our check up on Saturday, so she said it's still OK to delay it a bit, just for us to observe how it goes for 3 weeks. Things would be more complicated and hard to detect what causes the allergy if he's on solids.

Quote Originally Posted by mummybee View Post
    mamaS, you are right in saying we have to watch what we consume during breastfeeding. For a long time, I found my baby was allergic to my breastmilk and lo and behold, her allergist told me I cannot eat peanuts, dairy and eggs in my own diet or the proteins from these food would seep to my breatmilk to her. Also once I start solids, my daughter's eczema was really bad, and it is cos she was allergic to many many foods. Only by diet change can I control her eczema. Having said that, I am relaxing my control over her diet as I think it is better I give her a larger range of food to eat even if it means she is going to rbeak out in rashes. Now waht I do is to give her everything except dairy, eggs, wheat in moderation, once a week, so that when she did have a flareup, i can contorl by tender loving care with moisturisers and steroids if the rash worsens. I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, but have to try different ways now.

re. NAET, Dr Lynn seems indeed nice on the phone with me when I called her some time ago. In the end i didn;t go to see her as, after what I described, she told me my daughter would probably react to every single item with her allergy test, ie pointless to do the NAET test on her cos her allergies seem extremely serious and it will take her months to cure her. She suggested I try conventional methods first and if things worsens after her first birthday that I bring her back.
    Yes, she is definetely nice. I told her i will stop BF now as we suspect that's the cause, she said NO as there are more benefits into it. I just have to sacrifice on my diet. Aside from my BF, there are also other things that causes his allergy, like newspaper ;-) though of course, baby doesn't read it yet, but better to know what are the other things that he doesn't like.

I'll update you more tomorrow as i go for my 2nd appointment.

joannek is offline Registered User

the metal pod that Dr Lim asks your baby to hold is a way of bioenergy. a lot of homeopaths uses them now. even my chinese doc uses one. i have a very good pediatrician chinese doc i highly recommend. she tells you exactly what she puts in the medicine & how much. she gives you a copy of the herbal mixture. her name is Connie & she's in causeway bay. if your child will take chinese herbs, u can give her a try.

hi joanne,

how old before baby can take chinese medicine? though i'm not considering it now.

Matty is offline Registered User

Hi Mummybee,

My son has the same problem with the heat. He can only wear 100% cotton clothing, as sweating makes his eczema extremely bad.
    We made the mistake of putting him in polyester pj's that were given as a gift, and after one night his skin was a mess.

My husband has had bad excema his whole life, and he grew up in Australia in a town where there was no pollution at all!
    It looks like my son has inherited his bad eczema from his dad, and they both share the same allergy - dust mites.
    We seem to be able to keep it under control by regularly hotwashing everything that comes in contact with his skin, and making sure he stays cool. I'm not looking forward to summer.

My poor husband has been dealing with his eczema for 30 years! He's tried just about everything. Hopefully your child will outgrow whatever allergy is causing their eczema.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast