Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Homeopathy for eczema

YKY
    YKY is offline Registered User

Homeopathy for eczema

Has anyone been successful with homeopathic treatments for babies with eczema? I'm still struggling to find a treatment for my son who is 5 1/2 months. After steriods, I went to IMI and am waiting to see improvement. It's been two weeks and we've switched to goats milk formula after being told that my son is allergic to both cow and soya milk formula. Also, we've been given some homeopathic drops including graphite 6c and Rhus tox 6c. We were told to expect a flare-up before things get better and we did see a huge flare up to the point where it's heartbreaking to see my son. However, we're still waiting for improvements....Just wondering if this is the way to go...

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    YKY, sorry to hear. I do feel for you... my son just turned 6 months and he suffers from eczema as well. One time it got so bad that his bedsheet was all bloody!

Now that the condition seems to be under control, still some weeks he'd be fine and some weeks he would have red patches on his temples, chin, back of his ears, ankles, behind his legs and on his torso. Elidel and Steroid (at serious outbreak) helps but it often take a week sometimes more for his skin to clear up. He's taking Nan HA which is supposed to be better for babies his condition. One pd suggested us to try soy milk and another suggested us to be patient and just let him outgrow it - he said a lot of babies suffer from eczema until they are 1 or 2 years old.

Though my baby still have problems when the weather changes, I do notice the condition seem to be less severe as the first few times so I hope the pd is right about babies outgrowing the problem and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Please keep updating this thread, would love to hear more about homeotherapy for eczema and its effect on your son! Thanks and good luck!

joannek is offline Registered User
    the exact same thing happened to my daughter. she's been seeing different homeopath since last summer. she's now 2. she's been to IMI, and she's been to Dr Yuan at Optimum Health Centre. Dr Yuan gave her Ovus Cream which really helped (nothing did before). The one person that really helped was her Reiki healer. If you're interested i can pm you her details. but you really have to have faith cos her ezcema flared up like mad & it was all over her cheeks, before it subsided. Knock on wood, she's now so much better & when she eats more yogurt or cheese, it starts a little on the legs & i put ovus cream on.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi,

How many times should you visit IMI to cure the eczema? thanks.

mummybee is offline Registered User
    I would like to share a story with you....

I have a child of severe (food) allergies and i also brought her to IMI. My experience is not good as the doctor didn't identify the foods that we know she is allegic to. We are "smart" and only told him a subset of foods we already know she is allergic to, although she is also allergic to heaps of other foods with egg at top of the list (instant flareup at mere touch of eggs). Sure enough, he declared my daughter was only allergic to the foods we told him abt but didn't pick up on eggs, milk and wheat!!! Even then we were willing to try his treatment (sooo desperate we were), he was vague what and long plan treatment would be except to say it would take 6 mths to 1 year, with many flare-ups in between. I figure with this length of time, my daughter would be 1 yr old, the age where her Australian Paed. Allergist said eczema typically becomes better on their own without any intervention! In fact, an experienced mum with eczema kids told me to wait it out until my daughter is 1 year old before actively controlling it with medication or alternative medicine. and the magic mark is apparenrly 3.5 years old, when children outgrow many of their allergies to dairy and eggs...

I understand you mummies are heartbroken to see your kids suffer. If you know me from past threads, you would know I went through the same. I cried rivers and mountains when my daughter has a bad flare-up that requires going into emergency, and every night I would help her scratched her neck and nape as she wouldn't be able to sleep without this soothing scratching. I totally empathise and have a phobia of it happening all over again with no 2 (I am delaying having a second baby as I am so scared). But you know what, my daughter is 18 months now and the moment she turns one, and I am not kidding, her eczema showed marked improvement, and as at past month, we have stopped putting steriod of her. Thinking back, I know I have been overly concerned, and I have turned to steriod all too quickly. We have also broken the bank seeking treatments from chinese doctors, western doctors, homeopathy, but come to realise there is really no cure to eczema (sorry mummies there really isn;t a miracle cure) except having a good management regime of moisturising and soothing the skin, and more importantly, determining what causes your kid's flareups, and in my daughter's case, it is to do with food.

good luck to you all.

Histamin is offline Registered User
    For our case, I've already checked my child's allergen at hospital that which have reaction against his body and we knew that was wheat.
    afterthen we went to see a homeopath at IMI.
    I'm very satisfied with homeopathy because we have seen improvement though he had gotten worse for the first time. he had bad eczema in back of knees and elbows sometimes he had hives around cheek too.
    I think he took several months to heal this and it might be different time for different case because everyone is unique.
    And I also sujest you'd better learning something about homeopathy from books if you don't know much about homeopathy.
    We almost no need to see general doctor because we can solve problems with homeopathy quickly, therefore we don't need to waste too much money too!
    Hope that helps you.
    Histamin

glee is offline Registered User
    I'd just like to share a story abt my son's ezcema treatment. My son had bad ezcema when he was a baby and all treatments prescribed was to apply steroids and lots of cream, ending up with white patches of skin and no real improvement since the ezcema returned every time to the same spots but getting worse. We then changed doctor and it's now "cured". The only difference is that our new doctor was able to think outside of the box and attempt new method of treatment using same things. My son was simply given a course of drugs and a specially mixed medicated cream. We have rarely seen a bad flare up like we did previously and whilst we were initially very reluctant to use drugs on someone so young (around 7/8 mths then), we have continued to see the benefits now (he's now 2)

on a separate note, mommybee, please check your PM for lunch date

YKY
    YKY is offline Registered User

update on homeopathy

Sorry for the long silence, but wanted to get back to everyone on my son's homeopathy treatment. First, thanks to everyone for sharing their stories.

It's been 3 1/2 weeks since our first visit to IMI. We were told on our first visit that my son is allergic to both cow based and soy based formula. So, we went on goat's milk. Along with that, we were given some homeopathic drops as well as fish oil and probiotic. We were also told to expect a flare up in a few days, but didn't see one until a week later. It was a frightening sight the way my son's skin broke out in angry red. Some spots even looked like blisters. It was shocking as my son's skin was rough but never really broke out like this. His face was the worst of all - especially around his mouth area. The goat's milk didn't bring any changes.

So, before the two weeks were up, I took my son back to IMI and saw another homeopath because ours was away. He prescribed an additional homeopathic drop called graphite 6c and zinc plus what was given before. What happened next was even scarier in a way. My son's body began to dry up and was flaking badly. At the same time, the mouth area became so raw, it was painful to even look at. It was so sad to see blood on his clothes and his desperation to rub against anything to ease the itching.

I tried to go back to IMI. After not being able to contact either homeopaths (I was disappointed in this regard), I practically demanded to see someone. I saw the homeopath who we originally met with and he mentioned that the graphite 6c was probably too strong for my son. He said that my son seemed extremely sensitive to the homeopathic drops and would want to take it very slow. He said that the "detox" has occurred but probably occurred to strongly. He also recommended that we apply for 3 days steroids in the mouth area to "put out the fire" before it got infected. You can imagine how bad it was if a homeopath recommends steroids. So, after a day or two of steroids, the area cleared up almost 100%. He also slept so well and was in a terrific mood these past few days. However, today is the first day we did not use steroids, and sadly, the area around the mouth and cheeks have begun to flare up again. A positive note is that my son's back is smooth although still a bit red and his body in general have gone mostly smooth after the flakiness. We shall see how his face is tomorrow morning and I just pray that it isn't too bad.

I'm scheduled to go back in a few days and discuss changing the formula yet again to Nanha (sp?). I understand that homeopathic treatments take a while but it's really torture for the little one as well as for us. We can't sleep at night because we're so busy running to his room if there is even a slight sound because we're afraid he will scratch (even with his mits). I'm sure he doesn't sleep soundly either.

I also heard of this "no sensitive" formula called Neocate. It is supposedly very expensive and difficult to find in HK. Has anyone tried this?

Well, that's my story so far. I'll keep everyone updated on the homeopathic treatment.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast