Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Cost of Matilda & Private Ob/gyn

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Well when the day comes you'll be happy at the Matilda I'm sure. Good luck!

walnutlemon is offline Registered User

Public antenatal / private delivery?

Hi All,
    I have very similar questions to Jane892's below. Is it possible to go for public antenatal care and then deliver at a private hospital? To be registered at a private hospital through a private doctor, does this mean I need to visit a private doctor at least once? Or do I need to do X number of visits with a private doctor before I can deliver at a private hospital? How do I go about getting public antenatal care? I'm thinking of QMH - is there a number to call to fix an appt? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by JANE892 View Post
    I appreicate eveyones advice very much. I'm sitting on the fence a bit..
    I guess my thoughts are;
    - Private antenatal (either Dr Phillip Ho or Dr Dawkins). I like the fact that Dr Dawkins is Australian but his consultations are $950 a pop and Dr Ho $800 a pop....does anyone know both docs and would highly recommend one over the other?
    - Also...Dr Phillips office has already made a booking at Matilda for me (before I found out how expensive it is!). If I now change to Dr Dawkins am I able to still keep my booking at Matilda that Dr Ho's office made for me?
    - If down the track I choose to keep going private for antenatal but then actually deliver at the Queen Mary will the private doc be angry that i'm canceling my Matilda booking
    - How do I actually book at the Queen Mary...? Just ring up and say I'm having a baby?
    - After reading all these posts about all the hospitals being full etc will I even get a place at Queen Mary (if not I better keep my booking at Matilda and just cough up the cash!).
    Anyway..I'm meeting up with some great girls from these boards with great advice...so I'm learning more each day!
    Thanks everyone!
    Jane
    PS. Apparently it's also normal to turn up to your new apartment on "hand over day" and find it has completely not been cleaned (filthy) and your landlord is "uncontactable"...ohh the joys of HK!..sorry off the subject!

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Hi Jane

I just delivered at the Matilda and just got home today. I had a emergency c-section and I stayed in a standard room.

My total cost was HK$90K.

You can PM me if you need more info.

Dink is offline Registered User
    Hi - if you google Queen Mary Hospital you will get the contact details to register for antenatal care. You need to fax them proof of address, id cards, and a letter of referral from your private doctor - if you phone them they will explain. Sometimes the English is not so great, so you just have to persist. If you want to use the private hospital to deliver then you will need a private doctor who can get you a place. Sounds like you need to just speak to a few and see if they can help you with this, you'll need to be referred by a private doctor to the public hospital anyway.

Catherine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345