Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Planning on getting another stroller, any recommendations?

mintycat is offline Registered User

Planning on getting another stroller, any recommendations?

I currently use a Peg Perago Aria for my 23 month old DD. We have another baby due in June and I want to get another stroller. The Aria can accomdate an infant car seat, so the new stroller is more for my toddler and for traveling so I want something that is lightweight and easy to manouver (yet not flimsy as my toddler is very active). My husband hates the Aria and said it does not open and close easily.

I wanted to get the Bugaboo but it seems too big for HK. If we end up getting this, we will juse use the Aria for my 23 month old and the Bug for the new baby. For those who have this, do you find it easy to use for HK? I take the taxi and I know you have to take the seat out from the frame. How about using it on escalators?

Any suggestions for other stroller brands?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    We have a bugaboo and a mclaren but only ever use the bugaboo in hong kong. It's by far the easiest pram to manouevre so you don't need to worry there. When I get a cab I just put my toddler in the car first then deal with the pram. I usually put the seat part in the front seat of the cab and the rest in the boot.

starburst is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    hey mintycat, i'm in the same boat as you almost - got a 21.5 month old, and expecting another in late may! i've got a bugaboo i brought from oz which i used to use all the time there. but since moving to hk, it's still unzipped stored underneath my toddler's cot! it's too big to move around hk. i've got a maclaren techno which i've been using for him. although we are going to get a car i probably will use the bugaboo more - so was contemplating gettign the maxi-cosi and also the skateboard for the bugaboo. anyway in the end won't get the maxi-cosi cos it doesn't have the isofix and may not last as long as say a reversible child car seat...

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
    I have the bugaboo in HK and have never had any real problems with it. I'm still using the frame and maxi cosi in taxis- I put the baby in car seat in the taxi and then frame in the boot. I get a lot of taxi drivers who tut and tut at me for taking so long....but I ignore them! The other day a taxi driver even started the meter as I was still unloading car seat, frame etc!

Is also ok on escalators- takes a little practice because is a big pushchair but no real problems.

I've even taken our bugaboo on the MTR- although only on the tung chung line which is quiet compared to the other lines, and on buses.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User
    You may consider COMBI. They have a lot of different models,I got one which was the lightest and only weight 2.8 kg and could be use since birth.
    I find it very easy to carry and manouevre ( can be open and close with one hand). When I take a cab, I just put it next to the driver.
    Bear Lau: