Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Similac for Newborns / Where IS Gateway?

beetle888 is offline Registered User

Similac for Newborns / Where IS Gateway?

I used Similac for Infants 2 years ago when my son was born and would like to also do so with our new baby if the breastfeeding doesn't work for us.

(1) Is Similac Infant Formula readily available here? Is it manufactured in China or the US?

(2) I'd like to compare prices of a few US brands for infant grocery items (ie. Similac Infant Formula, Pampers Newborn Diapers) to see it if it is more worthwhile to try to have a friend load up on diapers and formula from the US before visiting HK. Advice/Similar experiences?

(3) I am trying to find Gateway but can't find their info on the Internet/Dollarsaver/The List. Where are they located in Sheung Wan? Is there parking nearby?

cheers.

Columbia is offline Registered User
    Hi Bettle888,
    Can't help you with your other questions, but I can tell you that Gateway Superstores is in Golden Centre, Sheung Wan. Their number is 2545 0338.

woodk6 is offline Registered User
    I believe I've seen Similac under a different name in places like Watsons. I've seen cans actually labeled Similac but the rest of the writing is in Chinese so I'm not sure if it's the same as in the US or not. A friend of mine uses it in the US which is why I recognized it.

Gateway has Pampers Swaddlers but they are expensive. I did however buy a HUGE box of the Kirkland diaper wipes (sold in the US at Costco) that ALL of my friends rave about in the US. So that was a great find at Gateway. They also have Dreft, if you're looking for that.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User
    bettle88,

1) There is no formula sell in HK made in China. I'm not sure about Similac, but most of the popular brand comes from NZ / Australia / US.

2)My LO use Enfamil and Huggies in HK, when we went back US last Oct., I actually find they are very similar in price. There is minor different in the formula and I find the Huggies in US is softer and thinner.

Hope this can help.
    Bear Lau:

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by beetle888 View Post

(3) I am trying to find Gateway but can't find their info on the Internet/Dollarsaver/The List. Where are they located in Sheung Wan? Is there parking nearby?
    You can park at Wing On, which is across from the Gateway. There's also Cosco The Millenium Tower (Fitness First Gym), which is behind the Gateway.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

noella is offline Registered User
    Hi I use Similac and reading off the can it is manufactured by Abbott Ireland a subsidiary of Abbott Labs North Chicago Illinois. Hope this helps!! Oh and I buy it in Wellcome