Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any good english course recommeded in Tsuen Wan/Tsing Yi?

angelmhhui is offline Registered User

Any good english course recommeded in Tsuen Wan/Tsing Yi?

I am looking for a English course for my 4 years daughter. She loves reading. So I want the course be more emphasize on reading than play group. I learnt from other forum that one name "Joyful English Centre" in TW is quite good. It has an Oxford Reading Tree course. Did anyone try and have any comment on this school?

Thanks a lot.

qqcute is offline Registered User

Happy to know you. I am Chinese. Aren’t you?

I have a son who is almost 4 years old. You are searching for Tsing Yi or Tsuen Wan, so I guess you live near there. I live in Tsing Yi too.

Also the Joyful Learning Centre, I have heard it and I visited their website at once you posted your message. It seems that the course is quite totally coverage of English.

I also don’t want to let my kid to study at playgroup, maybe I will join the conversation class in other learning centre.

By the way, I don’t suggest you let your child study at the Oxford Reading Tree Course. You know, the series of books are really good, the stories are very good, the meaning of the stories are so magic and surprised to the child. Actually, I read the books with my kids. It is really good chance that the parents use these books to communicate each other. It is a very good time for both of you have a sharing time. You can find that it is a lot of fun to study with your kid. Then, please consider study other reading course other than using the Oxford Read Tree.

Nice to know that you are in living Tsing Yi too.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I am always reading with my kid, mainly for chinese book. Since she is studying in a local chinese kindergarten, I want to build up her listening and reading skills by native english teacher. She is very shy and seldom spoke in public. It is also a challenge to her. It is not many chocie in Tsuen Wan & Tsing Yi. But I know that there are some playgroup or language learning centre in Discovery Park. But I don't know it is good or not.
    You have finished the Stage 1 of Oxford Reading Tree? It is easy for a 4 years kid?

lynn cheung is offline Registered User

If you have time, you can go to Fullytech Centre, 18 Tak Hoi Street, Tsuen Wan.
    There're several learning centres there including:
    ABC Pathways School (featured in The Parents' Journal November 2005)
    Joyful English Centre
    Kidz-n-Us Language Learning Centre.

I send my son to Kidz-n-Us for French class. I know one of the English teacher because she teaches 15 minutes before my son's class ends and she seems good. She likes to talk and very friendly and the students seem to like her.

ABC Pathways School seems good, too. The receptionist is very friendly and informative.
    But since I already send my son to Littleton at Discovery Park for Kindermusik class, he doesn't have time for another English class.
    But I'm thinking about sending him here once he finishes his term in October.

I don't know much about Joyful English Centre. I hear the other branch is good, but I don't know about this branch.

Discovery Park also has several leaning centres, but I've never visited any of them so I don't know anything about them. You might want to come here and visit them yourself.

Thanks for Iynn. Do u know the web site of Kids-n-Us? How long do your kid study in this centre? Thanks for sharing.

lynn cheung is offline Registered User
    www.kidznus.com

My son started the class in January. The class is once a week, 1 hour each.

They have Cambridge YLE, Letterland Phonics, story and drama, etc.

Hi qqcute,

Would you tell me where I can buy the Oxford Reading Story book coz I can't find it in most of book store. Thank you.

qqcute is offline Registered User

You can go to the Popular Book Store. I found it at book store in New Century Plaze located in Mongkok. There is around 6 books and one disk in every package. Please go there to have a look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast