Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Place for Domestic Helper to stay

sky123 is offline Registered User

Place for Domestic Helper to stay

Hi,

I remember once a lady saying that her maid was able to stay at some sort of hostel that a lot of maids stay at when their employer goes on holiday. Please does anyone have more information on this. Thanks!

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    I know there is a hostel in Sheung Wan. Not sure of the address but I suspect that any of the agencies would know. Our new helper is staying there while she's waiting for her visa.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Sky123, there are a lot of different places that offer places. .. however, when I asked my agent for a referral, she discouraged me from having the helper live outside as she said that most of the tenants there are helpers whose contracts ended or may have issues with their employers and therefore "could be" bad influence. Just food for thought.

sky123 is offline Registered User

Thanks

Thanks for the warning. Actually the agency said that to me too but I think it depends on the maid. I actually think that my maid is quite streetwise in that she worked in Singapore before and she had only been in Hong Kong for one month before she got herself a mobile phone.

So I think she knows who she should and shouldn't associate with. Also if she is going to mix with the wrong crowd she can do it on her off days and even if she stayed at our flat may go out everyday or even invite people back. That would be much worse.

The agency actually said they may be to offer her a place at their training centre but they cannot be sure if it will be full or not. I am still waiting for their reply as to whether there is anywhere else I can try.