Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Help!!! Not enough breastmilk for baby???

elaine is offline Registered User
    cyberyoda,

i have unopened sachets of mother's milk tea. please pm me if you want them... it's free.

cyberyoda is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for your kind offer, Elaine. A friend sent me a gift of mother's milk. It is from the "Traditional Medicinals" Organic Mother's Milk produced in the USA. I have no experience on mother's milk before?? Is it ok to drink a short time after C-section?? Do I need to consult my medical provider in advance?? ANy advice is appreciated.

joannek is offline Registered User
    ask your LC, she'll know. but from experience, a lot of my friends drink it right after gviing birth. should be ok.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I also had plugged ducts because my DD spent an extra few days in the hospital due to jaundice and she was losing so much weight due to my decreasing milk supply that I gave in and supplemented with formula. I only saw Mrs. Chee after this and she helped solve my plugged ducts problem and my milk supply didn't become a problem after this. I drank Mother's Milk tea. In addition it is important to keep yourself hydrated so I drank lots of soup (esp fish and papya soup) and water. Eating oatmeal helps too either in the form of hot oatmeal for breakfast or even oatmeal cookies. Mrs. Chee told me that.

I tried to contact Mrs Chee with the Tel no I obtained (93176366) but the person answer phone said that it is a wrong number. Would anybody be able to give me the contact no of Mrs Chee?? I would like to change the lactation consultant urgently.

What is plugged ducts?? I have a white dot on my left nipple today. Seems like quite difficult to remove it. Not sure what it is and how to remove it. Thinking it may block the milk outflow at the spot. Need to solve these problems asap....

Thanks all of your advice,

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Mrs. Chee's no. is 9417 6366, not 9317 6366. Your white dot definitely sounds like blocked duct, hope you can solve your problem soon. By the way, Mrs. Chee's mobile phone is usually on voicemail, so do leave her a message and not ring off, she will get back to you as soon as she can.

Talked to Mrs Chee. Her schedule is full the whole week....I don't want to wait any more...anybody knows how to solve the blocked duct??

Thanks a billion.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    I just re-read the thread and see that you used Medela single pump. I know of many who do not get much from it. The Avent Hand pump is actually much better and there have been times where my milkducts were unblocked by the avent manual pump when it seemed nothing worked. In the meantime, before you have a chance to see a lactation consultant, maybe you can try taking an Advil, wait for a couple of hours, apply a warm compress, then try to pump with Avent hand pump. This was actually advice from Mrs. Chee before she had a chance to see me. Fingers crossed it will work for you! By the way, I once was so desperate cos Mrs. Chee could not fit me it, I went to Canossa Hospital as they told me that they also had lactation consultant. Ended up, they just put my baby to my breast in the hope that she could unblock it. Complete waste of my time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast