Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

28 weeks pregnant and a little bleeding

mintycat is offline Registered User

28 weeks pregnant and a little bleeding

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my second one. This morning, I saw a little bit of blood mixed with discharge in my pants. When I wiped, there was a little tinge on the tissue as well. It was bright red but not a lot. I never saw any again after this.

I called my OB and he said if I have more bleeding and if I get cramps, I have to go in a see him.

Is this normal? I don't have cramps and there is no blood now, and I have felt the baby move all morning. Just a little concerned.

lsac is offline Registered User
    hi Mintycat,

I had experienced the same thing as you two or 3 weeks ago (I'm now 22 weeks pregnant). My OB said the same thing and advised me to stay in bed and have rest. I did that for a few days. Since then, I'm much more careful than before and try to have rest as much as possible. My next visit at the OB's is the coming friday. The baby is moving, so I believe everything is fine.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    I had the same thing when I was 27 to 28 weeks. The first time, I had bed rest for 4 days and then started going out again. Then the bleeding came again, and I had to rest a further 10 days. The 3rd time, the doctor made me stay in hospital for a few days. On and off, I have had spotting every now and again.

I was told that I was moving too much all the time (although I don't really think I was moving that much), but the best thing to do is to stay in bed. The doctor told me to lie down horizontally at all times (except for toilet and eating). It was torture but now, at 32 weeks, I don't have anymore bleeding.

It is hard to say what causes it, the first time for me was a cough too hard and the placenta moved down towards the cervix, since then, we don't really know what it is, may be stress related as I get it whenever I go to work!

Good luck!