Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

low sperm count

Bozo is offline Registered User

low sperm count

Doc says sperm count is low on the first sample given so wants to repeat the test before referring hubby to a urologist. I've heard that samples vary a lot - is this true?... so there might actually be nothing wrong? My initial thoughts are that it's too soon to repeat the test as lifestyle factors need to be ruled out (eg. alcohol intake) before going to a urologist. Can anyone else share their experiences? We're also concerned about the cost as our insurance won't cover it.

Neha is offline Banned
    you need to be atleast 3 days of abstience before going again for test. results can vary depending upon stress elevesl, physcial well being like fever, cold etc. But you must not only see the total sperm count but also the quality like howmany are abnormal. motility etc. No idea of cost in HK. Depending on your case sometimes u need to take oral medication and the problem can be solved.

Bozo is offline Registered User
    Thanks. apparently everything else is normal. it's just the count. the number was just below 13 million and the normal range is between 20 and 100 million. That sounds like quite a lot below the normal range to me.... not borderline, but then I really know nothing about these things. He seems well otherwise. no cold/flu. however, he did get drunk a few weeks ago so maybe that's scuppered our chances for the next 3 months. wouldn't like to say for sure though - once we start going down the 'blame' route our marriage will be in trouble!