Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How to choose the right formula milk

chubbysan is offline Registered User

How to choose the right formula milk

hi mummies,

i have been exclusively breastfeeding my baby for the past 10mths and am now starting to give her 1 feed of formula milk during the mid day feed. I am totally lost in choosing the right formula milk for her as they are so many different brands in the market. I have read some of your thread, and seem like many used ENFAPRO for breastfeed baby and Wyeth brand r sweeter compared to other. I have a few sample tins of formula, namely Similac, Enfapro, Friso, and Snow Brand. I am now trying Similac with my baby.

I really appreciate it if you could share your experience with me on the different brand and how you choose the right formula for your baby.

And for mummies who are doing partial breastfeed and formula, I know my milk supply will be affected now that i am reducing 1 feed during the mid day feeding. Will my baby still get enough milk for the morning and night feed, if i were to continue breastfeeding her during that 2 feeds?

Thank you,

joannek is offline Registered User
    my experience is if you nurse her at those 2 feeds, that's what you'll be able to supply, for those 2 feeds. it usually take 3 days for your breasts to adjust to that amt of supply. so it is yes, you have milk for 2 feeds. the best thing to do is nurse her directly.

as for formula, i used Hipp Organic Stage 2. one of the reasons whay i breastfed was because i freak out of hormones fed cows & hormones milk, so i chose organic. when i intorduced Hipp to my daughter, she had no problem taking it & had no digestion problems, her poo poo was still like before she took formula. so i highly recommend Hipp. it's a bit inconvenient though, cos they only sell it at bumps to babes. so i usually stock up as long as the expiry date lasts.

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    Thanks joannek,

didnt know there is organic formula milk as well...how much does it cost? alot more than the usual formula milk?

thanks,

joannek is offline Registered User
    if my memory serves me rright, about HK$145/900ml. so a little more expensive than regular formula?