Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Live out helper/babysitter wanted

pv2912 is offline Registered User

Dear Patts,
    Please email at [email protected] to tell me some details like your living district, how much you would expect to pay and your contact number or email, so that I can ask her to contact you directly.

cristletips is offline Registered User

Patts,

I am in the same situation. My work hours are exactly like yours. I am basically "on call".

I have had to turn down a lot of work because it just isnt cost effective for me to work when paying someone by the hour. The babysitter would make the same amount of money as me when adding in the hours to get to my job (which can vary).

I can't hire a full time helper because i dont have the space and my husband and I are on local wages. My work isnt constistent.

But i need someone so I can work again. Im very frustrated.

I figured if I pay someone $2000 a month it is fair. But they have to live near me as well. Because since Im on call, they'd be on call too. They might not have to work very much and could do other work if i don't need them. But I cant pay the $4000 Domestic helper wages because sometimes i dont even make that much.

patts is offline Registered User

Hi Cristletips,
    Sounds like we are in the same situation, I have just got myself a part time job. I have been looking around for part time helper but it seems rather difficult as I only know my schedule a week in advance so a part time helper might have other commitments with other people on the days that I need her. It is impossible to pay someone by the hour as I would be broke! ;-(
    I still hope to find someone who can accomodate my last minute schedule,otherwise i might have to consider not working...it might not be worth all the stress and worry.
    How old is your baby?

m_ichelle12 is offline Registered User

Hi Patts...

I am from Singapore, I am living in Hk now but I am not working at the moment. I am engaged that is why i am here in HK, it is really hard to find something to do here in HK, I am very interested in baby-sitting, i love babys :) If you are interested, i could be your help.

Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for your interest. Where do you live? How old are you? Do you mind doing some cleaning as well? Can you stay overnight sometimes too? Looking forward to hearing more...

cristletips is offline Registered User

Hi Patts,
    My baby is almost 1 1/2

I must say the situation stressed me out for a long time. Now after a few months of being stressed out i have just tried to look on the bright side that i'm getting to spend more time with my baby and that she will grow up so fast. I have been able to see so many cute things happen with her since I've been at home. I have also discovered some great free stuff to do or nearly free!

But in saying that i still havent found the right situation yet for a baby sitter.

The best situation I came across by accident was my neighbors were signing on their DH's daughter so that they could be and live together here in HK. The employer had told her that they wouldnt pay her and she'd have to find extra income in other ways. But visa got denied while she waited for it in the Philippines because she was too young and there is the new rule you have to be 23. They didnt know about it. She was 21.

It would have been great because she could just go home and pop over easily according to my schedule.

I think what i might do now is drop my baby off with a friend who has a full time DH. My baby likes to play with her kids. And I can give some extra money.

I cant pay by the hour either because depending on the amount of work i do it might only be 120 an hour for me. 60 for the helper. ANd over a 2 hour commute for me round trip. Not worth it.

Hi cristletips,

If you are working simply because you have to financially or for other neccessary reasons, then I suppose you have to try and find a way to get someone to look after your baby. Otherwise it is such fun to spend time with your baby all of the time, especially when they are at this age where they learn new things everyday. Like you say they grow so fast that you won't want to miss their childhood days.

Luckily anyway you got your friend to help at the moment. I assume that you are not local as otherwise you might be able to get help from other family members.
    Well, just be patient if you are not in a hurry to get a job, until you get someone you can trust to look after your baby!

claire23 is offline Registered User

hi

hi patts,
    i've sent u a pm..

thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast