Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Episiotomy

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User

(written from my husband's account!)

had natural delivery with ds, no episiotomy.

like a previous poster, i did massage the weeks before, and i think that might have had something to do with the fact that although ds' head was in the 110 per centile (if you saw my husband's head you would not be surprised with this news) i had no tearing or stitches.

hope this helps.

Matty is offline Registered User

Just reinforcing again, don't waste your money on an Epi-no, you can acheive the same results with your own hands (or your Husbands) with massage.
    It only takes 5 mins a day in the last few weeks.

Last edited by Matty; 04-11-2007 at 10:19 AM.

JennyB is offline Registered User

I'm sure you're right Matty that Epi-no is not essential, but it certainly is useful if you can afford it! Apart from stretching the perineum and giving feedback on how much you are stretching it, it gave me an enormous amount of confidence to know that I had already stretched my perineum to 10cm diameter (approx the size of baby's head) with comfort at home. I knew that the last stage of giving birth was going to be easy, so I could laugh off episiotomy invitations.

Also, I tried manual massage in my first pregnancy, and I obviously had no idea how firmly I ought to be massaging/stretching the perineum. Only using the Epi-no has taught me that you need to stretch the perineum until it STINGS for the skin to stretch properly.

The first time I used it, I inflated the ball to 5cm diameter and ouch! No wonder people who have done no stretching at all often tear or their doctors think they need episiotomies.

Last edited by JennyB; 04-11-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123