Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Gas problem of infant

cyberyoda is offline Registered User

Gas problem of infant

My baby boy is now 17 days old. He is a good boy who does not fuss much. However, there are many times that he seem very restless and try to sleep but cannot get into sleep. He seem to have a lot of gas inside of him that make him very uncomforatble. He would make a lot of "ah ah" sound while in bed. Struggling to get into sleep. I burp him every time after feeding him but not much gas released. Does anybody has similar experience with your baby?? How do you resolve it and help to get the gas out the baby??

I am currently using the B-Free bottle which claim they can help to reduce gas but it is not effective in reducing gas at all. Now make me think that these expensive bottle is just using these gimmick to make parent buy them but not really helping my baby.

carang is offline Registered User
    my girl is 100% bf. she suffers from terrible gas. and like yours, i can burp her for 45 minutes and nothing happens, or only one burp. then about 3-4 hours later, boy oh boy, does she scream!

i've tried infacol and gripe water. they seems to help a little bit.

yesterday i had to take my son to th edr for an ear infection. while i was there, i asked the dr about my daughter. he prescribed something called COLIEF. we started it yesterday. it will take a few days to see if it helps at all. it is actually the enzyme that breaks down the lactose in the milk. she may be lactose intolerant and that is why she's suffering so much.

good luck! if you try the other things i mentioned, then go to the dr to see if they can help.

snoopymom is offline Registered User
    My baby had bad gas the first 2 months and we used INFACOL (can buy in local drugstores). It helped a lot. In the beginning our baby could hardly sleep even though she was a newborn. Infacol helped a lot. Not 100% effective but it helped her sleep a lot better.

Neha is offline Banned
    Hi

Your baby is colicy which is normal at this stage. There are many things that u can do to sooth him. Carry him walk with him, put him in a pram and walk. Medicine which should be given in extreme crying. Sometimes it goes on till 3months till their intestines are developped. We used Avent bottles and they helped us

sky123 is offline Registered User
    We tried infacol and it didn't really seem to work for us but luckily at about 3-4 months after the baby's digestive system had developed he felt a lot better. Now he just farts away whenever he needs to. I know its hard but don't worry too much it will eventually get better.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    Oh you can also try a clockwise massage around his belly, sometimes this helps with getting the gas out the bottom.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    The chemist at Watson's taught me to use olive oil - rub palms with olive oil until they are warm then massage the baby's tummy clockwise

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    btw, NOT cooking / salad olive oil -- you can get them from pharmacies