Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

New to HK - Clearwater Bay or Sai Kung Town?

natty is offline Registered User

New to HK - Clearwater Bay or Sai Kung Town?

We are moving from the UK to HK in October. My husband will be based mostly at the film studios in the Clearwater Bay area and at other times in Kowloon. We have a son who will be 3 by the time we move. I will not intially be working, though may do so later on.

Neither of us have been to Hong Kong (though we will be visiting in the next couple of months) so I would really appreciate advice on where we should look to live.

Clearwater Bay seems the obvious choice as it will be close to my husband's main place of work but it is important that we are in an area that has a sense of community and where I will be able to meet people and make friends as I fear isolation! Would Sai Kung be better or is there somewhere else we should be looking? Also need to be close to nursery and junior schools that follow a British curriculum as we will be returning to the UK at some point.

Thank You

Natalia

DTHY is offline Registered User
    Dear Natty,

Have a look at this thread:

DB or Sai Kung?

I've put in detailed descriptions of Sai Kung/CWB in my responses.

loupou is offline Baby Guru

Sai Kung/ CWB

Sai Kung Town is ~ 15-25 minutes from CWB by public transportation, so it doesn't matter much which you choose. There are also lots of places in between. :)

re: schools following a British curriculum - the ESF schools used to do so, though many are now moving towards the IB. I think that Hong Lok Yuen International School still follows British curriculum, but that's quite far away.

If you live in Sai Kung town, your kids will still go to the Clear Water Bay School if you choose ESF.

Quote Originally Posted by natty View Post
    W

Clearwater Bay seems the obvious choice as it will be close to my husband's main place of work but it is important that we are in an area that has a sense of community and where I will be able to meet people and make friends as I fear isolation! Would Sai Kung be better or is there somewhere else we should be looking? Also need to be close to nursery and junior schools that follow a British curriculum as we will be returning to the UK at some point.

Thank You

Natalia

tippileung is offline Registered User
    SaiKung is a good place in HK in terms of the green environment and community. This is the reason I love it, some statistics shown that the air quality is relatively better than any other place in HK. If you like pets this will be the paradise for you, people in Saikung are more conscious in health & lifestyle. CWB is very close to SaiKung, so it doesn't matter much which you choose. Think about it..