Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby Shops

nalsab is offline Registered User

Baby Shops

Hi All,

Which is the best place to buy new born's stuff(like glass feeding bottle,baby shampoo,etc...)? Any recommendation or suggestion....?
    My due is on June first week.

Cheers,

Jojo is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I went to a whole host of place to acquire all that stuff.

For really basic essentials and if you're not into comparing prices, places like Mannings, ParknShop, Watsons or even Wellcome (and for the two supermarket chains, you can order online) is fairly well stocked. At PnShop for example, you can buy bath stuff, daipers, bottles even (if you opt for the Pigeon Brand), cotton wool and wet wipes, formula etc. These will prob. be the places you will go to restock stuff as they are more accessible.

For other things, I went to Mothercare and Bumps to Babes. Bumps also has all the above but some things may be more pricey (or not) than the chain stores.

Have fun shopping!

Jojo

joannek is offline Registered User
    i bought everything from baby's need to maternity to post giving birth at HoFa (Eugene) store. there's one big one in central & mongkok.

rani is offline Administrator
    Eugene has a good selection. If you join their VIP club, you get 15% i think. I had Pampers card and would get 10% off.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

snoopymom is offline Registered User
    diapers are cheaper in the local drugstores and i also like to buy diapers and baby wipes at bonjour cosmetic shops. as for everything else like baby bottles and baby bathtub and things like that... I like mothercare. The mothercare flagship store in lee gardens causeway bay is quite big and nice. bumps to babe has a nice selection but quite expensive. i thought eugene club was not cheap either.

joannek is offline Registered User
    diaper is cheaper at supermarkets. diapers are eugene are not as cheap.

josoo is offline Registered User

Baby shops

Well, it depends if you're pickey with brands, etc or totally about convenience. I'm a working mother so I need to strategically plan my time, plus be able to order online, and make sure my maids can easily slip down the road for last minute items. When you're a mother, you're basically ALWAYS running errands (not sure why), so you don't want to spend ages running around various stores.

I got my breast pump, cot sheets, cot, changing diaper, bottles from Bumps to Babes. At first I didn't know places like Eugene Club existed and by the time I did the one in C-Bay had shut down. So whilst I got my cot-bed, changing diaper, bedsheets etc at Bumps to Babes, I got everything delivered in one go. I still remember paying HK$6000 and nearly died bankrupt. If I had known better and surfed Geobaby earlier, I would of skipped Bumps to Babes altogether - let's not get into details but service isn't that great there (nicely said).

I got around 10 diapers from the hospital and ended up using the brand recommended - Huggies. I breast fed for three months and then used Wyeth formula and that's available everywhere: Watsons/Mannings/Parkn Shop/Wellcome.

Then for baby creams, shampoos, etc I use Johnsons and Johnsons, because Adventist uses it as well. I grew up using it and I have no issues with it, plus I love the smell of their products, I can sniff my daughter all day long - hee hee!! The Sebamed range is also available everywhere. Mustela is a great brand, but its so pricey and I think the scent of their products is a little too strong, and the only Wellcome I've seen it at is the one in Repulse Bay.

Convenience is a key and now that Eugene Club is in Central...it should be easier to go there and your nearest supermarket.

Oh....I went by Citysuper, C-Bay, yesterday and they have a new baby area in the supermarket now. They sell a lot of Nuk and Coombi products Coombi is great for babies when they are 8-months plus for plastic forks, spoons, cups with straws, etc (also available at Sogo and Wing On).

Good luck...

:crib

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    I got almost everything (except stroller and clothes) from Eugene.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast