Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Need to stop breastfeeding in two weeks - help needed

shackles is offline Registered User
    Many thanks everyone for your responses, it's really appreciated.

The Typhoid/Hep A is Hepatyrix and the antimalarial is Malarone which I've been informed I need to take the day before I leave, 5 days whilst away, one week following my return and cannot breastfeed for another month following that to be sure that it's out of my system.

Thanks again.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    I would suggest taking a copy of the book Medications and Mothers’ Milk by Hale to your doctor and showing him what it says and see if the doctor is willing to agree with Hale that the medications are actually OK to use while breastfeeding.

I notice that your location is stated as the UK. LLL-GB will be able to help you there, http://www.laleche.org.uk/

If you are in Hong Kong I can lend you the book to show to your doctor. I do this quite often and in each case the doctor has agreed that in fact it was OK to take the drugs while breastfeeding. The doctors seem to like having more up to date medical information about the subject.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

jools is offline Registered User
    Cara, I live in Crestmont Villas. You may have seen me around the plaza the youngest is currently in the forward facing position in the mayawrap sling and I usually have two other little ones in tow.

jools is offline Registered User
    Shackles,
    Was just wondering where you will be travelling to?

shackles is offline Registered User
    Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for all your responses, i'm very grateful. I've contacted LLL and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I also visited a Breastfeeding cafe today and spoke with a counsellor who gave me information and contact details for the Breastfeeding Network - www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk. A representative from BFN has called me back with information as Sarah suggested from Dr Hale's book. Also one of their pharmacists is going to call me over the weekend with some more information.

Thanks again

Shackles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12