Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Maternity clothes made by a tailor

Heikeli is offline Registered User

Smile Maternity clothes made by a tailor

Hello,

I have been to Shenzhen / Lowu to ask my tailor to make some maternity clothes like skirts, shirts, tops and blouses. They are pretty good and cheap! I asked them to help me to choose some nice summer fabrics on the market and brought pictures with me for the style.

The tailor I have understood, that there are different needs for pregnancy than normal clothes and they did a great job! So I am almost done for the summer with not much money spent!
    My tailor: Stephanie, LARK International shop number: 5060 A, 5 th floor, ask for Stephanie she is the most experienced!
    Take pictures with you, what you want.

It takes a week, and then sometimes it needs to be adjusted a little bit before you can get it home.

Heike

....even ig you don't have a picture, Stephanie would know a syle that suits a big belly.
    Heike

I am very sorry to say, that this shop - Stephanie, LARK - 5060A - is not reliable anymore.
    The first few things went well, and then the next ones (like a copy of a trouser and a shirt from a picture) went wrong...not only for one time, but the last several times... Every time it was too small and today she offered me that if I want to have the right size one, I have to buy the fabric again and I only have to pay half of the price for tailoring!!!?

I was asking her if I really understood it right because I cannot wear the 3 shirts which are too small, so why do I have to pay for the new ones, but she said that she has to pay as well and this is the option from her side.

So I won't go there again and I lost the money for the fabric, tailoring and the delivery of the 3 shirts as well...after I already had a lot of trouble to get the trousers done again, which she paid for ( those as well I couldn't wear because they were too small)....

So a lot of truoble at the end: be careful and do not buy something with Stephanie if you want to get the right stuff!

As long as everything is ok, and you are paying they smile at you, but they have to learn a lot about service...and how to keep a customer.

Heike

asalles is offline Registered User
    i also had somewhat of a similar experience with her too. (she does have a goos fashion sense, but unfortunantely she doesnt do the tailoring, as she passed it down to a most likely 18-20 year old (maybe even younger) with very little experience. I am on the search for a tailor in schenzen that does the cutting and tailoring himself! it is bit frutrating when you spend all that time searching for fabrics, etc and it comes out poorly made. (but at least its not expensive)

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    H&M has ready to wear maternity clothes under their H&M Mama line. Cheap and really fashionable. Lots of summer tops/dresses as well.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    oh really? was just at H&M yesterday, but was getting all the latest fashion 'that could pass' for maternity wear. was spending so much time on the ladies level, didn't make it to the others.
    is the Mama line on the kids level?

Sucellia is offline Registered User

H&m

Hi! I am also using H&M matenity clothes. They are very affordable and good design. As well, they are confortable.
    Actually, this year's clothing line is also good for pregnant woman even though they are not for matenity!

Anyway, matenity clothes are on the top floor (next to baby clothes).
    It is locating further right hand corner after you get off the escalator.

Sucellia

Hi, thanks you for your reply.
    I saw the H&M maternity dept., but the trousers don't fit.
    Concerning Stephanie: the problem was, it was not only poorly made, it doesn't fit at all! Thats why I am so angry about her having duscussions about that!

I got another recommendation: Molly , shenzhen, 5. floor shop 5072.

Is there anybody else who had experiences like me with Stephanie?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast