When should the first antenatal doctor's visit be?
- 04-13-2007, 08:46 PM #9
i don't know what an oscar test is either... and i thought i'd had every test in the book!LOL!
- 04-13-2007, 08:55 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Hong Kong SAR
An OSCAR is a Down's Syndrome test which is done during the first trimester. It is usually done around yr 13th wk of pregnancy and it's optional. At POW hospital (in collaboration with the Chinese U), it costs $900.-
So, don't panic, you still have time :treadmill
- 04-13-2007, 09:17 PM #11
oh, the down's test... i had one with my first, it was free back then.
this time round i decided against it. i figured that even if it came back with a chance of down's i wouldn't be aborting anyway, so what did it matter? as it turned out, i have a beautiful baby girl.
- 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Sai Kung
I've posted a longer response to your other post.
If you are considering doing private antenatal, don't register at Tsan Yuk until you are ready do antenatal visits there.
It saves confusion with their records (just hand them copies of everything from Dawkins) at your first visit.
Otherwise, they will be phoning you wondering why you aren't having checkups.
You can have your first visit as early as you like with a private OB. 9/10 weeks is good, as there will be a heartbeat.
- By ratchapp in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
- By mwong222 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM
- By mosmom in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 04-20-2007, 05:47 PM
- By ladypilot in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 2Last Post: 04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
- By gigi in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:42 AM