Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

am I being mean?

mintycat is offline Registered User
    Geiboyi, just because some people complain about their maids doesn't mean they treat the maids badly or underpay them. Please don't make assumptions like that (of course I am aware there are underpaid DHs out there). We can complain about our bosses, our partners, friends, in laws, parents, employees but cannot vent about our maids? And if we do, does that automatically make us bad employers who don't treat the maids fairly?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    Oh my god! I think you should consider changing your helper! I would scold mine if she did that, nicely scold but scold nevertheless.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    sky123 - you point out that there are people in Hong Kong who earn $4000-6000 who have to pay for their own accomodation/food.
    I hardly think you can compare the skills of a street cleaner with the often well educated, clean, responsible, English speaking helpers most people seem to have.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    I think you will find that not all helpers are well-educated, clean or speak English and I think you are being very discriminatory in saying that street cleaners are not clean or responsible. I do believe that street cleaners do speak fluent Cantonese which would obviously be most useful in Hong Kong!

joannek is offline Registered User
    LOL, my helper is neither well educated nor speak english well no rresponsible..... does it mean i can underpay her???? LOL

spockey is offline Registered User
    I think joannek that the alarm bells (for me) would ring not at her lack of hygiene or disregard for common sense need for nutrition in order to do a good job. But, there is such a thing as "water poisoning"... 3L of water on a child is not something I would overlook. My bub's safety and well-being is of utmost importance... i would have given her the one month's notice. Of course, to each his own and I'm not one to wait for something worse to happen.

thank you for your concern spockey.

she sure have no sense, i am already seeking to hire a new helper. i don't want to give her the one month notice in case she'll do anything to harm my child. i'd prefer to give her one month when the new helper is here so that there are more eyes watching her. re: water, i have already told her how much water max my daughter can have in one day. luckily that time, my daughter just wee-weeed a lot.

one more example on her irresponsibility: my daughter has a pair of child scissors that i let her cut with which i only allow her to use when i'm with her, so the helper has never seen her used it. yesterday i was in the shower, and my daughter took those scissors, my husband freaked & asked the helper if LO is allowed to hold it. helper said no & took the scissors from LO. then helper wanted to change LO's nappy, LO cried & didn't want to, helper gave LO the scissors to stop LO from crying. well, my fault in leaving those scissors around for LO to get......

btw, for all of you concerned about my LO's safety, thank you & fyi, i'm a stay home mom & i stay with my daughter if not 24 hrs it's be 22 hours/day.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Scroll to top