Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

am I being mean?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I think gratitude is an important part of life. Those of us who are grateful for all the wonderful things we have (including helpful and kind DH) live a happier life. So both as an employee and as an employer I'm grateful to have the ability to work and the ability to employ.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I think we are using the word grateful to mean different things.

Grateful can mean thankful and appreciative, which are appropriate for when an employer has something helpful for you. As in the case when I was able to visit my parents because of a conference I was sent on.

It can also mean obliged and indebted. And it was this later meaning I received when I read, “And the worst part, she still does not know how to appreciate or grateful at all. She acts as she deserves all of it.”

joannek is offline Registered User
    i tend to agree on somebodyfamous re: the defintion of being grateful. i feel grateful finding my husband & him being part of my life, and i still am, i am also grateful to having an adorable child like my own (altho she can be a total menice at times!!). i am grateful for all the good things in my life, hence i am grateful that i once employed a DH who helped me raised my child to be happy & confident....

maybe we should start a new thread re: BEING GRATEFUL IN LIFE.....

p.s. altho i can appreciate barbwong's view regardng DH/employees being grateful at their work or working environment, i tend to not agree.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    How about starting a new thread called, THE EASE OF JUSTIFYING OUR BEHAVIOUR because changing and thinking about what we do is too hard?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by barbwong_130 View Post
    How about starting a new thread called, THE EASE OF JUSTIFYING OUR BEHAVIOUR because changing and thinking about what we do is too hard?
    Sounds great Barb! Look forward to seeing your thread

capital is offline Banned
    I think the poster who said to think about who's problem it is hit the nail on the head.

Quote: she needs to watch the kids, so i "have to give her time to eat".

This part I don't understand. Why can't she watch your children and eat at the same time? That is what all of use who don't have maids do. It is me and my children in the house with me watching them, whether I am cooking, eating, showering, cleaning,playing with them, buying groceries, etc.

joannek is offline Registered User
    my child is not allowed in the kitchen, cos the stoves are always on. & in hk, the kitchens are small. it'd be very dangerous for a small child to be in the kitchen when the stoves are on. it is a house rule to have the helpers eat in the kitchen. it's been like that since my great great grandmother-in-law was around, so i have no intention of breaking that rule now.

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    But when your great great grandmother-in-law was around, Chinese women were still binding their daughters' feet. Will you be following that tradition too?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Scroll to top