Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Friendly Resorts in Thailand?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Baby Friendly Resorts in Thailand?

Hi! We have 5 month old twin girls and are hoping to go away when they are 9 months old for a holiday in Thailand. Has anyone got any good recommendations? Or websites we can check out?

Thanks in advance!

joannek is offline Registered User

i went to Hua Hin Hyatt Regency before i had a baby. it was really nice with a very shallow pool, even babies wer sitting in the pool playing, and the hotel is by the beach. the service was GREAT! food was good (thai food, u know), and not expensive. the only downside is it's 2 hours drive from Bangkok airport. if you can manage to time it so that it's naptime for the twins, you can probably pull it off.

we used a chauffeur driven car rental service which was not expensive. julie taxi, bangkok can search in google.

bon voyage

rani is offline Administrator

We've been to Phuket Laguna a couple of times. Stayed at the Allamanda, which was lovely. The rooms have a little kitchen, which is perfect, for warming up bottles and storing/heating snacks. Our room was on the G/F facing the pool. D was thrilled. He'd run around in the garden and jump in and out of the toddler pool.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

elephantine is offline Registered User

We've stayed at the Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa, which although in Bangkok did not feel like it at all. It is on the riverside and in a garden style setting, which we found very relaxing. I would highly recommend it for anyone travelling with kids. There is a kiddies pool and a small but airconditioned playroom for when it rains or gets too hot. The staff were so accommodating and friendly with children - they even entertained our toddler through the whole check-in process so we could sit down and have our welcome drink in peace! There was an abundance of high chairs, although we did have to wait just 10 mins once to get one during the buffet breakfast - which you can choose to have by the river (so the kids can watch the riverboats passing by).

I thought the rates were pretty reasonable compared to other riverside hotels. If you're willing to fork out extra, I can recommend the one-bed suites to which we were fortunate enough to be upgraded, which are a huge 1100 sq. ft. with sun terrace and kitchenette - might come in handy for warming bottles, etc. There are some rooms from which you can hear the hotel's Thai music performance in the evenings - not too loud and actually quite relaxing but with a baby, you might want to ask for rooms which do not get this noise.

Also heard the JW Marriott in Phuket is good for kids and has family suites, an aircon kids' playroom, etc. - but haven't tested these myself.

FYI, on www.tripadvisor.com, you can search hotels in each city/location based on ratings for families. See, for example, for Bangkok and Phuket http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2...ok-Hotels.html
    and http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2...et-Hotels.html

Last edited by elephantine; 04-17-2007 at 11:04 AM.