Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hiring 2 maids, dilemma about days off

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Ha ha Jane, that's a good point. Personally I love having the house to ourselves for awhile. Our helper finishes Saturday afternoon and stays with friends til Monday morning. It's nice to be all alone for those couple of days and nights even if we have to tidy up a bit after ourselves!

mintycat is offline Registered User

Giving both of them Sundays off is not an option because my husband works on Sundays sometimes. There is also a chance I might have to travel over the weeekends to China for my family business. That's why I want to hire 2 maids so someone is at home to look after the children if we are called to work.

witty_han is offline Registered User

hi mintycat,

If you wish to hire a helper again and direct from Philippines please check my ad in www.geoexpat.com (for options). Here's the link: http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/...ate/1175611270

I am willing to take Saturday off, I have Thursday sometimes Friday off in my previous employer, and it doesn't matter for me. If you're interested I can send you my resume and scanned release letter from my previous Chinese employer. thanks!

kemerton is offline Registered User

Hi - I have a full-time helper who's amazing - cooks, cleans, and takes care of my three-year-old and six-month old. At the same time, I've taken someone part-time who comes in 3 times a week and does all the ironing and cleaning well, so that my helper or i just have basic dusting. My helper is also very flexible on holidays. Having said that, she's our third helper in our five years here - and we've learnt a lot of lessons from our past experience - namely, that you tell them straight out that they hve to be flexible on their holidays or else you wont be interested. (we also pay her HK$4200) My advice - if she cant do the basic functions as well as childcare (after all, if we werent working, isnt the childcare stuff we'd love to do?), and on top of that, can't be flexible on her days off, well, you need to get someone else. There are plenty of great helpers around - you dont have to set the rules when you hire them.

mocha is offline Registered User

mintycat,

not sure if you are still here.
    Just wodering are you using an agent for direct hire?

mintycat is offline Registered User

Yeah, I am still here.

We ended up not renewing the contract with the maid (the one who does not clean well and who refuses to do alternate days off). We now have 2 new maids who came on board in July and August. Both were working in HK already. The first one was hired by an agency (I recommend this agency) and the second one was recommended by my confinement lady. Both are great with cleaning, very efficient, get along and I feel very blessed to have found them. Luckily for me, the second wants to take Saturdays off as that's when her sister takes her holidays, so the first one gets Sunday off. They alternated once because one of them needed to do something and they worked it out before informing me.

Good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234